Your valued opinions please.

Fox Fire

I'm debating on a scope for my .243, it will be used for deer/coyote/whatever, hunting terrain will vary from hardwoods to open fields of sevral hundred acres, my wants/concerns are low light ability,durability & customer service if needed.

The choices are:
Weaver fixed power 6x38
Redfield revelution 3x9x42
Burris fullfield II 3x9x40

What say you ??

Burris FF. or a Nikon BuckMaster. They're about the best value available. There are a few of each on 24 hour campfire classy's for great prices.

Originally Posted By: berger-kingOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeLeupold, Nikon.

did you mean nikon, leupold

LOL...nope
Nikon is always second to Leupold in my gun safe.

Burris. I have 9 Fullfield II's. Best scope for the money I have ever found and their customer service is second to none.

Edit-
Typical example of Burris customer service a couple of threads down.
Burris customer service

Last edited:
The best deal for that price range that you are looking at right now is to go to cameralandny.com and pick up a vortex viper 2-7x33 for $200. It will have enough magnification for what you need, has a no [beeep] warranty, and has nicer adjustments and clearer glass than the other scopes listed. I have two of them and love them. Plus cameraland is a site sponsor.

I would have to say that the Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14 x 40 is one of the best scopes out there for the money. For about $330, you get a scope that is variable power, crystal clear, and tracks true. You can get large turrets for it too. if you want something a little more precision than .25 MOA clicks, get with the 6-18x Buckmasters with 1/8" clicks.

I dont care for Nikons BDC set up, rather have the standard tac retical over the BDC.

Found a good deal on a weaver 40/44 3x9x40 with tac reticle, think'n on it.

Why not look at the vortex diamondbacks too. Glass is better to my eyes than those you listed and they hold up great. Repeatable adjustments and Vortex is a great company and will stand behind their products no questions asked.

I bought a leupold vx3 4.5 x 14 40mm for my browning a bolt white gold medallion 7mm rm from [optics planet] very good prices and fast shipping

Last edited:
Back