Your Side Arm of Choice?

Quote:Of course 2 fingers on the grip and full power 10mm must be hard to shoot straight....Spend a couple of bucks and get some Pearce Grip extensions for the mags and they will make the recoil easier to control..Let's you use 3 fingers...

G29 10mm with pearce grip extenstions for all my forest hunting, One of my 1911's with three extra mag's if I'm hunting anywhere near the border, I shoot 1911's quite a bit better than I do my subcompacts

Beretta m9 . . . just enough to piss off momma grizzly before she eats me
smile.gif

I usually hunt with a Rifle where I hunt at in MT, But I'm going to do a bow hunt out there in the next couple of years and I'll either have my 44 mag loaded with 300gr speer deep curls or my brother's 460 smith.I always have my 44 on me while around camp when I'm out there.

I usually have my keltec .380 but sometimes I carry a Kahr CW-9 if I am a long ways from home.. It is good for coyotes. Shot this one at 35 yrds with it on an archery elk hunt in New Mexico. It was the day before archery season opened and didn't have the bow with me.
0831101458.jpg

I haven't ventured into the woods without some sort of sidearm since I was a young boy. While cougars are more than prevalent and the wolves are coming on strong, my biggest concern has always been wandering unknowingly between a momma bear and her cubs. No grizzlies here but more than enough black bears to make that a valid concern. A pissed off momma blackie will ruin your day. Remote grows are becoming more popular as well so having medicine for two legged varmints is a good idea too.

More often than not you'll find me with a mountain gun in .44 mag. and never far from a long gun.

Back