Your Pic of the Day

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
I'm borrowing this idea from a 4x4 forum that I'm on.

Post your pic of the day! Anything you want, outdoors, home, work, other hobbies, proud parent or grandparent pics, whatever you like. As long as it's family friendly it's all good. If you want to post more than one at a time, that's great too!

I'll start if off with some phone pics from last month. My Daughter and I both took the day off work to hike into some alpine lakes, during the week when nobody else is up there, to do a little fishing before the snow started to fly.

IMG_1206.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

IMG_7644.jpeg

Let's see your pic of the day. Every day would be cool :cool:.

- DAA

Sure leaves a hole in your life, don't it, Dave. My hunting, fishing, shooting buddy of 73 years passed in May. Met Don in 1950, so I feel your pain.

Dave, the unfortunate thing about getting old ... except for the aches, pains, and health problems ... is that sometimes we lose our friends and loved ones to either death or life changes for us or them. I'm sorry that your friend is no longer there in your life. I lost my best hunting and fishing buddy to a brain tumor several years ago, and another one to a massive heart attack. Sometimes we forget to be thankful for the people in our lives until we lose their presence. Obviously Tim means a lot to you even though he isn't there with you anymore. Hopefully you keep in touch with him.

Well, since we seem to be posting a bit of nostalgia, I'll offer a pic of my son at the local range. The old saying about youth having better reflexes and being steadier is evident in the way he shoots. Far better than Dad. Unfortunately he is in Kansas 5 hours away now (and 30 years old) and I really miss spending time with him.

That rifle is one of mine before we got him a LH upper. He got tired of getting hot brass down his shirt! We finally managed to get all of his rifles in LH models. The AR uppers weren't a problem, but finding the bolt guns we wanted in stock was impossible and we had to order most every rifle he has.

IMG_0069.jpeg

Back