..:::Yote Gun:::..

I agree with Iowa Currie , I too have a Remington 700 BDL in .17 Rem, works great with all varmints, and will teach you to become a better shot, ( with placement) This gun is fast, has a trajectory similar to the .22-250. Less recoil, a little quieter, not much out there for factory loads, except Rem. 25 gr. HP. You may need to try to hand load, or find someone who will for you. Check out Randy Buker's site: http://www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308/index.html
He uses a .17 Rem.

scott12

my choice of weapon(s) are.... well my first is a 222 toped with a 2.8-10x44 simmons aetec... great gun... i am shooting remington 50grain core-lokt.. my other choice of weapon is a 7mm-08 and it's toped with the same thing that my 222 is and i usually use it when i am hunting long range... works great!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

just baught a 223 howa model 1500 thumbhole tock with a 6-24x44 scope it took 2 months of hard work to save up enough yet i have bought several guns from the guy and he put it aside for me. yet to shoot nething with it. man i am telling u 1inch high at 100yards dead nuts 200 yards 300 yards about 3 inches low!! about 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. i can't wait to try it on some yotes. i have gone out twice this year and not had ne luck going out tonight under the moon mayb with the 223 maybe with the 12

Daytime shooting: NEF Handi Rifle 223 bull barrel topped with a Bushnell Banner 4-12 x 40. I am curently shooting Winch. 45gr JHP varminter rounds and might tinker in some reloading later.

Nighttime shooting: Mossberg Maverick 88 or 835 shooting REmington 3" #4 buck.

My gun is a Remmy 788 that my dad gave to me. It has counted for about 95% of all the yotes I have shot. It is heavier than I would like but I don't really care once I am out there. It is wearing a 3-9x40 leupold and a Stoney Point Rapid Pivot bipod.(that is not attached in the pic)
guns.jpg

Ya i like to use a Mossberg 12 gauge 835 ulty mang with number 3 1/2 buck shot. Or a Cz .17hmr full meatl jacked rounds or the old ruger 10/22 with velocitor rounds

I shoot a heavy .223 remington with the thick barrel. I recently bought a DPMS Panther Arms .223. Sweet gun but im still working on getting it sighted in.

I just got a marlin 925m and am planning to go coyote hunting with it but i dont know what bullet to use.How far out do shoot them with the winchester 34gr hp.

Back