Wraith 4k Mini Coyote

DoubleUp

For those hunters who use NV, I thought I'd post this video of a big male (40 lbs.) I killed last night 4/23/24. I shot him at 100 yds. with my AR-15 in 223. This rig has a 16" barrel and a Banish 30 suppressor. I'm shooting 50 gr. V-max at 3,225 fps. You will notice that I have very little IR whiteout (photonic barrier) using this suppressor. I have an IR light which shines on the bait pile from the back of my shop, but you can tell when I turn the IR on the rifle on. It is the same one that came with the Wraith 4k mini and it is set on the lowest power and I'm running it on a 16650 battery. The picture was a bit grainy because I bumped the power up to 6x. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Yes, I really like the Banish 30. Some object to the recommended cleaning at 100 rds., but Kirsch told me about a method using CLR on the baffles in a sonic cleaner and they clean up like new every time. I also plug both ends of the tube with rubber stoppers and use the same mixture of half water and half CLR (warm water). I do try to remember to loosen and tighten that 2 inch piece that extends it from 7" to 9" periodically. If left for several hundred rds. it can get stuck pretty tight.

Well Owen, finally a taker at the bait. My question is; are they normally that skittish on bait. I have watched the vids on here that you "used to post" tehee and the ones 06 has done and they do seem "wired" but that one took it to another level IMO.

Well Owen, finally a taker at the bait. My question is; are they normally that skittish on bait. I have watched the vids on here that you "used to post" tehee and the ones 06 has done and they do seem "wired" but that one took it to another level IMO.

My experience with bait is that they never go straight to it. They will usually creep in then walk by it and circle around it about 3-4, 5 times before they feel comfortable enough to start eating.

As for the whiteout.

I noticed that with my AR 223 I usually always get whiteout whenever I shoot. However, I hardly ever get it with my 6mm arc bolt gun. Both 18'' barrels.

Mike, I'd say that every coyote is an individual. They aren't usually as nervous as this one, but don't stand still much for more than a few seconds either. On occasion I've also seen them stroll in like they own the place. Those usually don't last long.

Back