Wolf versus American Pitbull Terrier?

Originally Posted By: UphillDocOriginally Posted By: chucknbachOriginally Posted By: UphillDocOriginally Posted By: chucknbachI notice that those for the pitbull are purely speculating and have absolutely nothing to add experience wise.

So far there are examples of 2 pits being killed by a wolf hybrid, 2 being whipped by a retriever. A golden whipping 2 at once and have personally seen at least 3 other pits whipped by the golden. We don't hear anything the other way around because it is rare. I have seen pits win with other dogs their size. Had one get in my yard and attack my female rotty she successfully defended no winner as my dog successfully avoided the attacks, no she didn't run. Yes, it was a fighting pit as my neighbors bred and fought them. I also had a Queensland heeler that would have gotten killed if he fought one of them.

Thinking a pit can take any dog or wolf will not make it true. Things are what they are. I Guess if some mellow, none aggressive, family bird dog tears up your pitbull leaving in a chewed up bloody heap on the ground, I doubt I'll be able to convince you that your fighting pitbull didn't win.

Too much ego tied up in your dogs, I just can't do anything but shake my head and laugh.

chucknbach-I have forgotten more about fighting dogs than you will ever know. I trained field trial retrievers for 5 years. I know all about what they can and cant do. Your tales are pure BS. The ol sayin goes...if you say the same thing loud enough and long enough, folks will believe it. The trick is to not fall for your own BS. Now get back to your paper route and let the grown ups talk...

Take care.

You obviously forgot that pits get their arse handed to them by the bigger breeds. Field trials are one thing any experience in actual dog fights? Not just your labs asserting dominance on the youngsters. Didn't think so. If so please share that part you do remember.

Keep denying, one day it will come true, Sweetpea.
wink.gif

chucknbach-I havent forgotten anything. I have seen 100s of dogfights, in several different countries even. As I said before, I have forgotten more on the subject than you will ever know. The video you showed was the first minute of an amateur roll. If you knew anything about dogfighting you would know that the bottom dog is not always losing, and that things will change drasticly in that roll in the next 20 minutes. The whole thread is about pit vs wolf and the answer is easy. If a wolf wants to kill a pitbull it will, but fought using cajun rules as two pitbull would be fought, the wolf will lose because he will quit first. Its an old story and it has been played out many times with every breed known to man...the game bulldog is the ultimate fighting dog and has proven it over all comers for 100s of years. Your retriever would never make the 10 minute mark, let alone the hour mark. Stick to what you know, and please lay off the Disney movies and eggnog...

Take care.

My Retrieve didn't need ten minutes it was all over in a minute or two on all occasions. Cajun rules LOL no no my friend, it's not a contest of aggressiveness. A simple throw them in the pit and let them go. Just like my dog beat the badger killing pitbull.

I've been all over the world too, so what? Stick to fantasizing about paperboys and not dog fights there sweatpea.

Originally Posted By: UphillDocchucknbach-If Aesop and Mother Goose had a child...he would tell stories just like yours...
rolleyes.gif

Take care.

+1 LOL

Tim

Originally Posted By: UphillDocchucknbach-If Aesop and Mother Goose had a child...he would tell stories just like yours...
rolleyes.gif

Take care.

Child of Aesop and Mother Goose.

LMAO

rolleyes.gif

Take care.

This guy sure knows alot about little kid stories, he must be some kind of a chimo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chucknbachDon't worry EJ, uphilldoc has a paperboy fetish. Probably sat at home going "Hmmm, XXX.paperboyfantacy.com or predatormasters, well my palm is sore so pretatormasters it is."
lol.gif

Just came across this.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

wow, i missed alot of fun here! Ej and chucknbach do you work for the Obama administration? come on be serious! You guys and your fighting retrievers crack me up!

I dont fight dogs. I hate the sport, but im not an idiot either. I have a few coyote hounds that can handle an average yote by their selfs. They are tough and flat fight. Would i let them tie in with my or any pit? he!! no.

Badger killing pit eh? Must have been a real bad hombre! Of course there are Jadg and Patterdale Terriers that can accomplish the same job. I believe that your retrievers may have whipped a dog that looked like a pit, but that about all.

You guys know an awful lot about things that dont amount to a hill of beans. My buddy had a wolf hybred that fought the neighborhood mutbulls. usually whipped them. He was a tough dog. The first time he visited my house the first thing he did was sink about an inch of fang into the front shoulder of my pit sitting at my feet. Before I could get ahold of her she had rectified the offence on her person. She has survived a tough case of distemper, multiple snake bights leaving her face and throat permanently damaged, has a 8" rod in her back leg, and has had several other very close brushes with death. so she is not is the best of shape, and nowhere near the strength of her youth. Yet when it was all said and done my dog ended up with what i could only imagine to be one he!! of a headache and some bag balm packed into a few cuts. His tough guy ended up on my kitchen table with a series of staples, an iv, and about two weeks laid up in a crate.

I have seen it time and time again. one of my buddies has a dog who beats up on muts so it is a bad azz. they bring them over to my place after i warn them not to and they meet a game bred dog. End result is always the same. My dogs get boots and their dogs get doctored. In any breed there is a difference between a mutt and a game bread dog.

Well most any breed. Apparently all bird dogs are game.

All im gonna add to this after reading all 11 pages is this. 1 comment was that Pits are the most loyal dog, all though they maybe a loyal dog, im a firm believer that the most loyal / protective breed is the German Sheppard. JMO.

I'm not sure the fight would ever take place:

One of my friends has a very large airedale and another has a big Rhodesian Ridge Back. These usually assertive dogs immediately cower behind the couch if I bring a wolf hide into their house.

In Alaska's Wolfman by Jium Reardon [fantastic read], Frank Glaser, Alaska's wolf control agent for decades, tells of driving his half-wolf dog team into Nenana or Fairbanks and all the other dogs left the streets to cower in the alleys.

Those of you that love predator hunting and trapping will be hard pressed to find a better winter read than this book about Frank Glaser.....old timers here still talk of him.

Wow I really just wasted all that time reading all 11 pages!! I can officially say I am definitely dumber for half of the comments I just read!!! A pitbull vs Wolf HUH about like my 5'0" wife fighting Brock Lesnar "but but you guys don't understand my wife has more heart than him" Give me a break if anybody thinks the pitbulls heart makes up for the shear size it forgoes then they too must be small men that think they have a chance when it comes to fighting (as someone put it earlier) some one who is 10 feet tall, weighs 3 times as much and is a professional athlete!!! Put it this way for size comparison does an 10 pound Chihuahua even though they are fierce and mighty stand a chance against a 30 pound heeler? Not if the heeler chooses!!!

Originally Posted By: VernAK I'm not sure the fight would ever take place:

One of my friends has a very large airedale and another has a big Rhodesian Ridge Back. These usually assertive dogs immediately cower behind the couch if I bring a wolf hide into their house.

In Alaska's Wolfman by Jium Reardon [fantastic read], Frank Glaser, Alaska's wolf control agent for decades, tells of driving his half-wolf dog team into Nenana or Fairbanks and all the other dogs left the streets to cower in the alleys.

Those of you that love predator hunting and trapping will be hard pressed to find a better winter read than this book about Frank Glaser.....old timers here still talk of him.

I have this book and have read it twice I love it, probably it and Alaska sourdough are my favorites.

LOL what if what if...I'm sure someplace in the world somewhere a pitbull and wolf did meet up before. This is a pitbull against a coyote..now remember the wolf is 3 times its size.

imagesqweq_zps5ebd4d16.jpg

and here is the video with the coyote and pitbull.

Originally Posted By: tomuchtohandleLOL what if what if...I'm sure someplace in the world somewhere a pitbull and wolf did meet up before. This is a pitbull against a coyote..now remember the wolf is 3 times its size.

imagesqweq_zps5ebd4d16.jpg

and here is the video with the coyote and pitbull.

Good grief. That's not even a pitbull in the video. It's no wonder pits have such a bad reputation. Ignorant people cause most of it..

Well here we go in the wolf's arena he may get the upper hand with the wrong pit!Now a game bred pit in his arena the wolf will NOT tow the line after the first scratch,been there done that many times--long ago.Most of the so call pits are crossed or Am staffs not game bred pits!!!Back thirty years ago I saw just about every kind of critter try to match the abpt in his arena and it just never happened.Now game bred pits are just like mma fighters,some like the legs,some like the stifle,some will be chest dogs and some are ear dogs.Not every game bred pit has a super bite.The wolf will try to kill another wolf or dogs in its area,but many wolf fights end up with one summiting and its over.A good game bred pit at 65 -75 pounds pit weight-and thats a big one,with a good hard bite --I'll put a 1ooo to 1 odds and you never collect.The wolf will not die to win a fight,it has the drive to live and hunt another day.As the wolf takes abuse in the fight he will be looking for a way out while the pit will be looking for a new hold.Now this is a game bred pit and 99% of you have never seen this animal.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotes22 pages of pure speculation. Gotta love it.

Well now you can speculate and be wrong and speculate and be right. Are you speculating that speculations can't bring greater wisdom? If we don't speculate how can we argue about stuff?

Even a real fighting bulldog conditioned and in top shape with deep deep gameness would get killed by a wolf in short order. A wolf is a killer. He is also bigger and stronger than a pit bulldog. Being tough and having incredible stamina and determination will not do you any good if you are bleeding to death. A wild wolf would destroy the pit dog. The true well bred bulldog would stay after the wolf until he was dead and dead he would be! In the wolfs arena... In a box the game bred bull dog would score more points till he was dead.

Last edited:
Back