Why I am a SAS Dealer

I would have like to gone to TX, But the wife took a great job up here. It was the only state in the North East I would live in.
Live Free or die. gotta love that

I try not to get involved in these types of comments, but I have to say my peace.

I have purchased several cans this year, and in doing my "research" became very turned off from SAS due solely to the comments made by Kino(far more than just a single instance of a "typo"). I also had the impression, based on his comments, that he was involved directly with the company. I never read a post from him or anyone else until now disputing this belief. I now know I was wrong in what I believed about his involvement with the company/product.

I am very turned off when a person props up a product by being negative towards other products.

There are others on here that promote their products by singing the praises and showing the benefits of that product, never once saying anything derogatory about their competition. This is how to properly promote a product.

Kino, I have no doubt you are a nice guy and probably a great friend, but you are seriously doing a GREAT disservice to your friends and their product by the way you represent yourself.

Ironically, even though I wrote off ever purchasing an SAS, I DID actually end up with one only because my local guy had one and I shot it and liked it. If it weren't for him having one on hand at the range that day it would NEVER had been an option. Great product. Almost a tragedy that some won;t even give it a try because of the negative way in which one individual is perceived on these forums.

You can be an employee, an ambassador, or just a fanboy, but when you align yourself with a product, other people's opinion of that product is influenced by your behavior. Right or wrong, it is the way it is. That is why pro athletes get paid millions in endorsements to represent a product and then lose that endorsement when their behavior becomes subject.

I do hope this post comes across in the spirit in which it was intended.

Originally Posted By: Kino M
I found the one single post your referring and it was a typo. Its fixed. Hopefully I hear from you via PM. Thanks

I got the PM. And would have kept my reply private, in PM, except you chose to mention it in public. So, here is my reply, in public.

A - I don't believe you. There was more than once instance and the context made it very clear, to me, that it was no "typo".

B - Fully half, of your two sentence "PM" was asking me to find the other instances for you. Can I get you a cup of coffee while I'm doing that? One lump, or two? I'm not your secretary. I'm not going to find the others for you. Find the rest of them and edit them yourself. You wrote them.

- DAA

I can only speak from personal experiences. The two times I have tried to contact SAS to ask a simple question, I have found it very to get a reply. Email or by phone. Just saying.

I have a SAS Sentinel I got from Mile High (great service BTW), and I smoke the piss outta it, built well, sounds great, awesome can... I'll be getting more of them for a few other platforms before I'm done!

Originally Posted By: crapshootI can only speak from personal experiences. The two times I have tried to contact SAS to ask a simple question, I have found it very to get a reply. Email or by phone. Just saying.

First let me say I am sorry for your poor treatment. That will not happen again.

History lesson for you all.
Prior to March of 2015 SAS had a Sole distributor. I may self as a dealer liked the SAS line and products but didn't carry many of them or sell many. This was do to the horrible service by that company. It took 3-4 calls or emails to get a response from them.
That has changed. I am the first line of CS. I will be available by phone from 0900-1800 EST, Text 0700-2100EST and on line all the time.
I am sorry for the past. I can only say going forward it will not be the same. SAS has a very good Brand, Tim makes a excellent precision suppressor. Customer service is just one item that is changing. You will see a lot of changes. All for the good.

I hope you'll give SAS and Colonial Armory a opportunity to earn your business.
Thanks
Steve
RLTW

The reason it is difficult to find his comments is his negative conversations have been deleted by mods. I have seen whole pages go bye bye.
Like I said before, can't wait to give the barricade a hard work out

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERThe reason it is difficult to find his comments is his negative conversations have been deleted by mods. I have seen whole pages go bye bye.
Like I said before, can't wait to give the barricade a hard work out

I am sure you'll be very happy. I have one dedicated to my AXMC 6.5CM never take it off.
bought at mc to change cal's but never seem to take off the 6.5CM.
Oh well. let me know what you think once you have it Justin.
Thanks
Steve
RLTW

Originally Posted By: skinneyI have a SAS Sentinel I got from Mile High (great service BTW), and I smoke the piss outta it, built well, sounds great, awesome can... I'll be getting more of them for a few other platforms before I'm done!

Do these work well with 22-250's or are they limited to 223 cartridges.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: skinneyI have a SAS Sentinel I got from Mile High (great service BTW), and I smoke the piss outta it, built well, sounds great, awesome can... I'll be getting more of them for a few other platforms before I'm done!

Do these work well with 22-250's or are they limited to 223 cartridges.

I can't remember the fella at Mile High who worked with me on that can, but he assured me it would be fine on 22-250 with a 20" barrel.

OK, good to know, thanks.

That 6.5 cal Barracade and TBAC in 6.5 is really tempting also.

RangerWalker or anyone,
What are the warrantees for SAS cans?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: crapshootI can only speak from personal experiences. The two times I have tried to contact SAS to ask a simple question, I have found it very to get a reply. Email or by phone. Just saying.

First let me say I am sorry for your poor treatment. That will not happen again.

Prior to March of 2015 SAS had a Sole distributor. I may self as a dealer liked the SAS line and products but didn't carry many of them or sell many. This was do to the horrible service by that company. It took 3-4 calls or emails to get a response from them.
That has changed. I am the first line of CS. I will be available by phone from 0900-1800 EST, Text 0700-2100EST and on line all the time.
I am sorry for the past. I can only say going forward it will not be the same. SAS has a very good Brand, Tim makes a excellent precision suppressor. Customer service is just one item that is changing. You will see a lot of changes. All for the good.

Thanks
Steve
RLTW

Ok, here is the question I had and kind of got an answer to but the Lady I talked to didn't seem real sure.
I purchased an m-47 can and was wondering if it was ok to use on an 18" 22-250. She had to ask and finally said yes.
I'm hoping that's correct because I already cut and threaded the barrel and have been using it. I am not a high volume or rapid fire shooter.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: crapshootI can only speak from personal experiences. The two times I have tried to contact SAS to ask a simple question, I have found it very to get a reply. Email or by phone. Just saying.

Thanks
Steve
RLTW

Ok, here is the question I had and kind of got an answer to but the Lady I talked to didn't seem real sure.
I purchased an m-47 can and was wondering if it was ok to use on an 18" 22-250. She had to ask and finally said yes.
I'm hoping that's correct because I already cut and threaded the barrel and have been using it. I am not a high volume or rapid fire shooter.

Ok the M-47 or the Sentinel and Eadrum will all work on. 18" 22-250, pressure is within the safe realm. No worries.
That's from Tim him self.

My Barricade should be approved around Thanksgiving. I can't wait see if it's worth the wait and hype. I'm sure it is as my Arbiter is outstanding.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: crapshootI can only speak from personal experiences. The two times I have tried to contact SAS to ask a simple question, I have found it very to get a reply. Email or by phone. Just saying.

Thanks
Steve
RLTW

So who are the new distributors that SAS is using? My local dealer refused to keep doing business with their original one, also with more distributors maybe we can get a little more price competition. With SS now doing the distributor model with it's buy it local program I may be able to kill two birds with one stone (great pricing and supporting my local dealer) so hopefully they'll be carrying SAS soon.

[/quote]

So who are the new distributors that SAS is using? My local dealer refused to keep doing business with their original one, also with more distributors maybe we can get a little more price competition. With SS now doing the distributor model with it's buy it local program I may be able to kill two birds with one stone (great pricing and supporting my local dealer) so hopefully they'll be carrying SAS soon. [/quote]

PM sent brother.
Ring me when your free.

Last edited:
I don't post much on here because I don't like to argue and some people already seem to know the answer to the question they posted.

But I want to say this, SAS is without a doubt a great company that makes top tier stuff.

I bought an Arbiter on a whim based on a recommendation from a PRS shooter that I trust. It was approved right before the state deer season was due to open and I had a warranty issue that resulted in me having to send the Arbiter back to SAS.
I called Tim and left a message for him to call me. He returned my call around 9pm local time as he had just finished working in the shop. I explained that Oklahoma had just allowed suppressors for hunting and I really wanted my Arbiter for deer season.

Tim performed the work and had it back to me in 7 days. The Arbiter came back perfect and in time for deer season.

I currently have a Barricade waiting on approval. If there had been a SAS dealer with inventory on hand in my state then every single can I owned would be a SAS. I'm just too impatient to wait for a form 3 to process before the form 4.

Don't let a fan boy ruin your image of SAS cans.

Back