Who is up for the challenge?????

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleIt's finally quit raining and our 1/4 mile visibility fog left this afternoon...Hopefully, I'll get to the range tomorrow and Monday to get both challenges met...Bolt Action is already packed up and cartridges have been measured...
Monday for the AR...
woohooo! come on OT!

I'm in, gotta load some, but it's on. Gonna be entering a 16" dpms sportical, 18" RRA varmint, and a 20" SD 6mm WOA.

What is the time frame as to when these must be entered?

Well, I took my crack at it with my RRA Coyote rifle and American eagle 50grain gray tipped vmax loads. Not spectacular shooting. Guess I didn't "do my part" all that hot. Shot off sandbags front and rear. Definitely worth the powder and trigger time, though.

Think I'll give it another whirl with some handloads. Sure would like to keep them all under 1".

photobucket-4020-1348794604117.jpg

photobucket-14788-1348794302809.jpg

Shot left to right, top row then bottom. After group #1, I felt pretty good. Not so much after #2. Need some work on my consistency.

photobucket-9941-1348794347197.jpg

Magpul ACS on an otherwise factory Coyote Rifle. 3-15 Nitrex TR2 with EBX reticle in a Nikon mount.
photobucket-22375-1348795027663.jpg

You`ll still be on the top ten list Merdit..nothing to be ashamed of...not so easy as many would believe..me thinks.

Originally Posted By: Vent_O_LaterI'm in, gotta load some, but it's on. Gonna be entering a 16" dpms sportical, 18" RRA varmint, and a 20" SD 6mm WOA.

What is the time frame as to when these must be entered?

Please do get that SD in there! Just make sure you shoot better with the DPMS so you have a chance to win the prize pack from DPMS.

You too OT I know you love your DPMS also. Two left as I have already claimed mine you guys just don't know it yet!
lol.gif
lol.gif

No time frame has been set yet. I'm sure when the thread starts to die we will close it up.

Thanks Hooked if I would have seen where your from I would have double checked your math!!
lol.gif
J/k

Merdit you just took 3rd in both and bumped some guys! Better get to work as I'm sure they will not take to kindly on that one.
grin.gif

Us DPMS shooters better get to work as there is only one on the boards now!
thumbdown.gif

Well nothing special. Dont have a load worked for this new to me DPMS 20" 1-8 twist barrel, it's also a dpms lower with a RRNM trigger. Just looked the load up and cut off max .5gr.
Charged up 35 rounds loaded with 27gr varget and 55gr hornady sp set to the cannalure. Scope is a 6.5-20x50 Simmons whitetail classic set at 16X.
Here's the horror pics lol
1.393-.224=1.169
.837-.224=.613
1.190-.224=.966
1.158-.224=.935
1.318-.224=1.094
1.113-.224=.889
3F07F0B9-AC89-4693-923C-866B4E6D9D64-4710-000001F876AD165E.jpg

Best one, not to bad. .837-.224=
72930F56-795A-42AE-A091-E213498AA9BE-4710-000001F86DDD4EC9.jpg

The rifle as I shot it
E018F3BB-C2A8-42EA-AA99-9FF1D8A46E88-4710-000001F8CB77B494.jpg

Last edited:
I am game. If I can get out to the range tomorrow morning I will play. I have some new 55gr HPBT's that are the cats' meow. Shot way better than I could have anticipated.
Fingers crossed that none of the kids will get sick and the weather cooperates.

I posted this on the Hide as well, I hope that's OK...

I got out with a newly assembled 6x45 today, it has a 3-12 Monarch and I was shooting 70gr Nosler BT's. Average .736 and best group is .39, boy would I like to have 2 rounds back on the 5th group...
The rifle, all YHM with a Black Hole Weaponry barrel
mail-2.jpg

The whole target
mail.jpg

Best group .39
mail-1.jpg

Last edited:
Picture008_zps46c3716b.jpg

Picture007_zps383d504e.jpg

Picture009_zps09bfc143.jpg

Picture003_zpsd7ef862a.jpg

Picture004_zps7cc0a716.jpg

I hope this works it's my first try at photos.

No excuses, but not my best day.
Picture010_zps0e0bb8be.jpg

Picture011_zpsb710ffa6.jpg

I shot these groups with a 24 inch DPMS in .223 using factory Fiochi ammo shooting 50gr Vmax bullets.

I shot prone off front and rear bags.

If I get another chance I will try again to get rid of those loose groups.
I also have a new DPMS that I need rings for that I have not shot yet.

Group 1 1.088
Group 2 .526
Group 3 .526
Group 4 1.026
Group 5 1.026
group 6 1.151
Avg. .890

Last edited:
What in the H....... E....... double hockey sticks is going on here!! Sheeessshh, turn my back for one second and dmpowder is running a whole different shootout behind my back without even telling me!!! Man alive!!!! Hehehehehehehehe, just playing with ya!!!!
lol.gif

This looks like good stuff here. I just registered and this is my very first post on predatormaster!

BUT, there is only one problem here..... You guys need some LMT loving up in this joint!!!

My god, I'll have to copyright this $hit next time before dmpowder jumps all over my ideas! JK, totally playin with ya Dmpowder, you know I got your back!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
get this stuff posted on the hide for the love of god, what is wrong with you!! Hehehe, JK
tt2.gif

Looking good there hunt1 !!! need to get a pic of that rifle.

Feel free to post results even if you don't make the leader boards. We are producing more of a data base of quality information more than anything... Nothing like actual results from good people like hunt1 here, rather than people running at the mouth and not backing up their words. '

Good job there hunt1.

Originally Posted By: hunt1
I hope this works it's my first try at photos.

No excuses, but not my best day.

I shot these groups with a 24 inch DPMS in .223 using factory Fiochi ammo shooting 50gr Vmax bullets.

I shot prone off front and rear bags.

If I get another chance I will try again to get rid of those loose groups.
I also have a new DPMS that I need rings for that I have not shot yet.

Group 1 1.088
Group 2 .526
Group 3 .526
Group 4 1.026
Group 5 1.026
group 6 1.151
Avg. .890

Good shooting hunt1. I tried some of the 40gr fiochi but the 1-8 in mine doesn't shoot it as well as my bolt. May just need to find some 50 and try it. Again way to shoot

Welcome to Predator Masters Elfster1234..hey at least dmpowder gave you the credit
thumbup.gif
A fun challenge and good idea for sure.
Good to have you here, I may post at the hide a little more frequently as well..hmm. don`t recall my join date there but only like six post maybe. I joined there when looking for answers to some difficulties I was having with my R25. I was fairly new to forums then IIRC..even here.
A great bunch here at PM`s..my friend/co-worker that frequents the `Hide, says the same about you all.
Well, I guess i might as well `spill the beans`..shot another 30 rnds tonight with hopes of posting results saying `read em and weep men`...looks like I`ll be weeping tonight
lol.gif
. I`ll try again tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Elfster1234What in the H....... E....... double hockey sticks is going on here!! Sheeessshh, turn my back for one second and dmpowder is running a whole different shootout behind my back without even telling me!!! Man alive!!!! Hehehehehehehehe, just playing with ya!!!!
lol.gif

This looks like good stuff here. I just registered and this is my very first post on predatormaster!

BUT, there is only one problem here..... You guys need some LMT loving up in this joint!!!

My god, I'll have to copyright this $hit next time before dmpowder jumps all over my ideas! JK, totally playin with ya Dmpowder, you know I got your back!
thumbup.gif

LMAO Elfster1234 over here now!! There goes this forum
thumbdown.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Same shootout buddy as you see in the first page just another leader board for the ones that don't want to post on the hide. Which some already have and I urge others to also! If you don't want to join ask me or Elfster and we will post your results if you want.

Hey Elfster did you see which company stepped up and offered a prize??? It's the same company that's winning!
tt2.gif

yeah, i checked the whole thread over and it looks really good, especially the DPMS part! wow, that is really nice of them.... that goes to show ya just how awesome DPMS is as a company. I've owned two DPMS rifles in my day and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them one bit. All of them have been wonderful rifles. NOW, we just need to get LMT to kick in a new rifle over on the hide!!! LOL... and maybe rock river, JP, GP, and ohhhh yeah, a new OBR rifle too!! I'll take one of those! LOL
tt1.gif

If for some reason you don't want to join the hide, feel free to kick me a PM with your pic links and I'll make the results posting for ya,,,,,,,,,,,although it would be nice to see ya join. Either way, it's all semi-auto cool baby!!!!!

Looking good so far Dmpowder. You'd the man.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: dmpowderOriginally Posted By: Elfster1234What in the H....... E....... double hockey sticks is going on here!! Sheeessshh, turn my back for one second and dmpowder is running a whole different shootout behind my back without even telling me!!! Man alive!!!! Hehehehehehehehe, just playing with ya!!!!
lol.gif

thumbup.gif

LMAO Elfster1234 over here now!! There goes this forum
thumbdown.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Same shootout buddy as you see in the first page just another leader board for the ones that don't want to post on the hide. Which some already have and I urge others to also! If you don't want to join ask me or Elfster and we will post your results if you want.

Hey Elfster did you see which company stepped up and offered a prize??? It's the same company that's winning!
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: dmpowder

tt2.gif

I hope to better represent! Gotta get MY act together because I feel the rifle IS definately capable.

Back