What magazines are you guys using?

arlaunch

For 5.56, i have not had a bad mag yet. I somewhat have a preference for aluminum 20 round GI mags. I do however use Magpul and Lancer as well.

For 308 i use Mapul and Lancer. The Lancers let you load a tiny bit longer for a lot more money.

I have found Lancer mags of each variety to be a bit finicky when they are new? I really like them though.

Now I gotta ask ...... Yes, I own some 20rd mags. Several actually. And I can't remember the last time they were used. I suppose I bought them when they were about to be banned, but for what use I have no idea. I guess just because "they" told me I didn't need them? So when and why do you actually put those 20rd mags in the rifle?

Any time I am at the range and even when I am hunting I am always using 5 round mags. Never saw the need for anything else. I do keep a 5rd mag loaded and handy in a pocket, but never had to slap it in the rifle for any reason. I can see hunting with a 10rd mag ... but a 20? (I haven't been attacked by a left-wing coyote gang yet)

The 20 round metal GI mags in my 15’s only stick about a couple inches out of my gun so I can run a bipod. I have 30’s but never use them. Had all them given to me.

I use 10 round mags for hunting because I like the slimer profile it gives the rifle. I hunt near the southern border so I always carry a 30 round personal defense mag in my pack. It gives me the option to switch to something more tactical if I run into trouble.

I have some 5 round mags. They have a plastic waffle design that lengthens the mag so you can grab it if it does not drop free. It has pretty much the same "footprint" as a 20 round mag.

As far as I know.... 5 rounds is the max mag limit predator hunting in my state.

i think not having some pmags is sacrilege for an ar owner.
but ive found lancer
i like the metal top but mainly because purple is my favorite color

I am limited to 10-round magazines for hunting and the PMag 10-round magazine works fine. That's for my hunting AR rifle. The fighting rifle gets 30-round PMag or Lancer magazines.

My days of buying MagPul are over... two basically new mags with breakage.

LR308 corner flaked off, was NOT dropped.

5.56 Foliage, feed lip sheared right off... mag was basically new.

USGI Aluminum for me.

Back