What kind of chaw you guys dip???

Babble?You have no idea what i have overcome in my life,nicotine addiction would have been a walk in the park compared to my battles.If you think nicotine addiction is powerful you will have on heck of an eye opener when you start dealing with the illness's it bring on,they are horendus.Wait till you are addicted to the pain killers they give you just so you can keep a half a bowl of cereal down every day.Tobacco use while knowing what the outcome will be is just as ignorant as drug/alchol abuse,you KNOW its going to end badly yet you go on making excuses.I would hate to see anyone go through what I did while watching my Father and best friend die,if I can help one person quit in time to save them from illness I will be forever grateful,almost everyone he grew up with quit when they saw his condition,Im sure its too late for most of them.I hounded him for years before he was diagnosed,it will always haunt me that I wasnt able to make an impact on him before it was too late.I fyou know someone that needs a lil help to drop the habit,make an effort,you will never regret it.

Last edited:
I've never had any interest in any tobacco product, chew or smoke. I don't comdemn anyone who does, it is their choice and their life. I don't let them run mine and I have this idea they don't want me running theirs. That said I do chew. Honeycomb...

When I played softball or hunted I would keep a jar in my pack and cut off a small peice to chaw on for hours. It kept me happy and from getting hungry or tired.

Last edited:
I must say despite my best efforts as a teenager to get a tobacco habit started none of them really took. I smoked for a little while, dipped for a very short period of time, and gave away my one and only pack of chewing tobacco with one chew out of it.

That said, I really don't care if anyone else has the habit so long as they don't blow smoke in my face, spit on me, or throw a cigarette butt in my yard. This is America, so have at it.

I've known too many that let their habits drive their life, both legal and illegal. I guess I'm pretty happy as to not have a tobacco monkey to feed in this day and age.

Quote:
Babble?You have no idea what i have overcome in my life,nicotine addiction would have been a walk in the park compared to my battles.If you think nicotine addiction is powerful you will have on heck of an eye opener when you start dealing with the illness's it bring on,they are horendus.Wait till you are addicted to the pain killers they give you just so you can keep a half a bowl of cereal down every day.Tobacco use while knowing what the outcome will be is just as ignorant as drug/alchol abuse,you KNOW its going to end badly yet you go on making excuses.I would hate to see anyone go through what I did while watching my Father and best friend die,if I can help one person quit in time to save them from illness I will be forever grateful,almost everyone he grew up with quit when they saw his condition,Im sure its too late for most of them.I hounded him for years before he was diagnosed,it will always haunt me that I wasnt able to make an impact on him before it was too late.I fyou know someone that needs a lil help to drop the habit,make an effort,you will never regret it.

AMEN!!!!

nonya, you are correct in the fact that no noe knows what you have been through but given that knowledge i dont believe that you should be here preaching about your beliefes. as far as i have read this was a post about preference. not a post of what you think of someone who uses tobacco products. if that is what you want then you should start a post on that.

by the way cope long cut for me

Quote:
nonya, you are correct in the fact that no noe knows what you have been through but given that knowledge i dont believe that you should be here preaching about your beliefes. as far as i have read this was a post about preference. not a post of what you think of someone who uses tobacco products. if that is what you want then you should start a post on that.

by the way cope long cut for me

Well, I don't want to speak for Nonya but I imagine that he feels quite strongy about his stance (which he is correct on). It is not always easy to go against the grain and come across as being "preachy" but as he said if he saves one person he as done a good thing. If anybody thinks this is wrong then I would challange them to assemble their loved ones (especially children), look them in the eye, and tell them that by chewing they are doing their the best possible thing for them. While there are other things we all shouldn't do like drinking and eating poorly I personally think that chewing/smoking is probably the most needless and destructive thing that can be done. After over 20 years of doing it and then quitting I just thank God that I have been given a clean bill of health to this point cancerwise but cannot wait to see the estimate on getting the gums and teeth back in order. I am sure that will cut deeply into the kids college tuition.

***dismounting soapbox now***

Not sure what the time of year (or time of day for that matter) has to do with any of this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Its my opinon and if you dont like it,IGNORE IT.Sorry if me sharing my experience with tobbaco/cancer offended you,thanx for being a total hypocrite and telling me what I can and cant say though.

Quote:
Not sure what the time of year (or time of day for that matter) has to do with any of this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

The time of year when hunting season winds down and everybody bickers about every little thing. It happens "every year"

BTW I could care less if you smoke, chew, or drink. Its totally up to you. Dosent make a bit of difference to me. Im not going to tell you what gives you cancer and what dosent. Everything nowadays is bad for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I started sneaking my grand father's Red Man when I was 7. He died when I was 11 so I went cold turkey for a year. When Beachnut brought out the wintergreen flavor, I had to try it. Bought a poke and kept it in the barn. Switched to Levi Garret and when I was 16 switched to Skoal then Copenhagen at 17. Went through 1 - 1.5 cans a day and when we had storm trouble at the power company, sometimes 2 cans. In the spring of 1997 (about this time of year) I quit cold turkey at the age of 33 after about 26 years of using the crap. At 1 - 1.5 cans a day, I am saving about $120 - $180 a month at the current price of $4.00 a box, not to mention no more sore lips and reduced risk of mouth cancer.

Mike

Quote:
The time of year when hunting season winds down and everybody bickers about every little thing. It happens "every year"

This is NOT the hunting section of the site. Also this is NOT a matter of bickering over little things based on whether there is a hunting season going on or not. I realize, by your own admission, that you are in high school still. Not trying to be a "old guy" here but after you age a little bit aging becomes more and more of an issue.

Correct you are: This is not the hunting section of the site. It obviously is a matter of bickering over little things. The whole "its that time of the year"joke comes around every year. I see you have been on here since 2004. I know you have seen it by now. How you could possible take offense to it I havent a clue. The guy asked what kind of chaw you guys dipped. He didnt ask to be criticized for his habit. BTW in case you havent seen it the "its that time of year" comment refers to when people start by telling others whats right and whats wrong. WHen people have nothing better to do than criticize others over stupid things. He obviously knows the consequences (IE: Suregeon Generals Warning for one) so please hold your sermons.

But if you want to pull rank and continue this argument you can shoot me a pm and we can talk.

I've never smoked a cigarette but I am a part time dipper. Cope longcut. It doesn't have a grip on me. I don't freak out if I run out and can pretty much take it or leave it. I'll often go days or even months without.

Usually a couple small dips a day at work or when driving between hunting stands. I'm kind of a sissy chewer. A can lasts me close to a month. Probably not the smartest habit. We all have our vices. I don't climb mountains or skydive so I have to do something risky. lol!

Good hunting

Back