What howl is your most effective .??

killahog

I have been struggling to get a response at nite I have been staring my sets with a Female SOL howl and then trying a male lobe howl. I am curious what howls are getting responses. Thanks

Female sore howls or lone howls to start. Will usually follow it up with either a different lone howl and/or pair howls. I get far more answers to pairs than singles. MFK Boo Roo pair for whatever reason seems to fire them up consistently. But I throw a lot of different ones out there too.

Haven't had much luck lately getting responses from howls. Coyotes have been less vocal the last several weeks. Have seen more response from fight sounds/ barks and coyote distress sounds.

Haven't had much luck lately getting responses from howls. Coyotes have been less vocal the last several weeks. Have seen more response from fight sounds/ barks and coyote distress sounds.
Hmm. I haven’t been trying any. of those but I will .

Have had really good success with female howls than wait and listen, if nothing than male howls (smoke howl on LD) wait again, if nothing than an old male howl, wait and if nothing go to pup distress, fights, I go through about 3 or four of them sequentially at times. Been batting a good .750ish with that lately. Usually start the stand with a few prey sounds just to see whose hungry of course and play into there's some interloper in my territory eating my food when following up with the howls type thinking.

Back