What do you like most about coyote hunting videos?

I agree with some of the other posts. It’s nice to hear about the rifle, bullet, calls and sounds. A 5-10 minute video is about perfect IMO

I personally enjoy:
-hearing what calls are being used in what sequence so I can try them out for myself.
-Knowing how long it took for the animal to come in so I can compare to my stands.
-hunts where they use dogs are fun sometimes but gets old for me. classic calling with no dogs is what I really enjoy.

I am watching not only for the action, but to learn new skills or ideas to try out myself.

My personal preference: I dont so much like head shots. Not judging anyone. I just dont like to see it. not on predators. but sometimes you dont get to make that decision or a better shot doesnt present itself so its whatever.

I agree with
Desert Ram's, LONEHOWL's, and weekender's comments about it.

Depending on how many stands you can fit into one video, I would say 5-10min is good. 10-15min is fine too. IMO.

I agree with skipping the fluff & keeping it to what's really relevant to the hunt. I like the chance to learn something from what I watch.

I'm in total agreement with those before I in regards to no music and less replay.
What I'd like to see more of is getting in to the set. I'm talking all the way back to where you park your vehicle and why and then taking it from there to include panoramic views so viewer can fully understand the terrain and why you set up where and how you do.

Originally Posted By: jf1073I'm in total agreement with those before I in regards to no music and less replay.
What I'd like to see more of is getting in to the set. I'm talking all the way back to where you park your vehicle and why and then taking it from there to include panoramic views so viewer can fully understand the terrain and why you set up where and how you do.

This is pretty much how I feel. I want to know exactly why they chose that location, how they got there, and why they are calling the way they are. Once every 3 episodes or so Les Johnson will explain these details and I've picked up some FL great tips. I just wish he and every one else would do it more.

I think you can pack a lot in 5 minutes, 10 would be a long one to me. I had much rather watch a 5 minute video with all content, vs a 30 minute one with a lot of riding down the road and airports.

Originally Posted By: coyotecrazyMy first thought of what I would like to see is me shooting the coyote in your next one.
Might could make that happen if you don't smoke, are a good shot, and don't mind putting some distance on your legs.
wink.gif

The thing I like about coyote hunting videos is, I don't have to spend 4 to 7 hours on a bunch of dry stands before I see a coyote.

Normally on the coyote hunting videos I start seeing coyotes right away!

Something I will add, that Id like to see more of...and thats handcalling. Add some hand calls, mouthcalls or whatever to your skill set and use it.

I love my Foxpros, but man, nothing makes a video more boring than hearing a Foxpro drone on and on playing "lighting jack". Mix it up with some non-electric stuff.

Mark

Originally Posted By: LONEHOWLSomething I will add, that Id like to see more of...and thats handcalling. Add some hand calls, mouthcalls or whatever to your skill set and use it.

I love my Foxpros, but man, nothing makes a video more boring than hearing a Foxpro drone on and on playing "lighting jack". Mix it up with some non-electric stuff.

Mark Already doing this. The last 4 vids have no electronics.

I used to watch a lot of videos years ago, but not so much anymore. I don't like the commentary, dramatic music, when the hunters are over pimping products, or "DRT" compilations. About the only thing I like anymore when I happen to catch a predator shown the "whisper channel" is being able to watch coyote behavior.

I will say that I did learn from them , but to me they have become like turkey hunting shows, after you have seen a few they all run together.

I'd love it is someone made a video showing all the dry stands so new hunters would know the reality, that there's more empty sets then call ins.

Well Orkan this morning would be a heck of a morning for it, but here I am at work till noon.Never smoked,not going to brag on my shooting cause that's a sure way to miss the next 2,But I have killed a few coyotes over the last 17 years, walking 1/2 mile out 1/2 mile back great, 3/4 mile I'll do farther I do too but my titaium knees complain alot. So 1 1/2 out of 3 ain't Bad.

Depends. Usually after summer i watch Randy his primos movies get me back into the mind set i usually catch a technique that I've never tried. So I'll usually try it out. I enjoy carnivore Gary he usually talking about how the coyote works. Why the behavior of a coyote is the way it is. Makes me think while I'm out in the field. Predator nation is fun to watch usually unique cat hunts. And his excitement makes me want to get out. I watch Dustin butler YouTube videos for fast action to the point videos. Combine all those I'll for sure buy it. Nothing trumps going out myself [beeep].

Orkan, shouldve clarified...my handcall post wasnt aimed at you, I meant calling videos in general. I dont think Ive seen any of your vids, but Ill sure check em out.
Mark

i don't care if it is a long video or not, i would just like one to show a lay of the land. the tactics used to hunt that location, and the complete filming of the whole stand. not call then skip to the good seen. i want the whole darn stand time on film with an arrow showing which way the wind is blowing and a clock to watch the time on stand. also i am tired of looking at faces with poor war paint being showed more then the hunt itself. when using rifles, i would like a shot of the fur damage. maybe some shots of the bullet if recovered and where it was located in the coyote and what it did to it. i guess the same with shot shells too. the stuff always on these forums that gets asked over and over again yet is never on videos. all videos just seem to show a lot of face time, hard core music, calling, but not the time between calls, no display of wind direction for the most part. and no Arial view of the location and the details surrounding it and as to why that spot was chosen. and never any details about the caliber or ammo's performance on the critter except for "yeah that such and such really laid the hammer down on him". yet all these questions are always the hot topics on this forum. for all i know this stuff might be out now, i havent got a hunting video since byron south calling in the thick stuff come out so it might be different now i dont know.

Back