Virginia public land

It doesn't make since to me that you can only hunt coyotes year round on private land. With the growing population you would think they wouldn't care...

They are looking out for the non hunting users of the WMA's and Nat Forrests, giving them a full use without having to worry about someone being shot. I guess its the same reason for them shutting down the shooting ranges during the late spring early summer.

I looked into having my wedding on a WMA in the mountains. I was told no because it didn't fall into the bilaws of a WMA. It is a piece of property set aside to manage wildlife. Hunting coyotes year round is managing them. I don't understand the closures either. I was also told that horseback riding and hiking was not proper use of a WMA, but they don't enforce that unless they have to. All of this was straight from the guy in Richmond in charge of WMA's in this area

Yeah it doesn't make since to me at all...but its not only just the WMAs its national and state forest as well. Wonder if they will ever lift the no hunting sundays, becasue that the dumbiest thing ever!!

Supposedly there is a bill right now that has passed the VA senate. It just has to pass the other house and it would be legal to hunt on Sundays. The stipulations are only on private land, (that would still be up to the individual land owner) and no running of dogs for deer on Sunday.

Back