Top 5 coyote hunting states?

Quote:
Anybody know what the top 5 coyote hunting states are? I think Texas is one.

You miscounted. The top coyote hunting states are #1 AK, #2 ME, and then tied for #3 WA, ID, MT, ND, and MN. If you get above them you're into provinces. Look at a map.

Quote:
I thought I read somewhere that the Washington DC area was right up at the top .....

No, DC is no where near the top, it's much further south, and not known for coyotes. They do have a lot of polecats, but they're a very well protected species there.

Well it's official, the last living coyote in Oregon was killed on highway 97. Seems it was struck and killed by a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner.
But seriously I can't think of a state in the union that doesn’t have a population of Coyotes. They are the great survivor. At the end of time when everything else is gone, there will still be Coyotes and cockroaches walking around wondering what the heck happened, and thinking boy is it ever quite.

I thought that this would be a good time to log my first post so...rather than remain stupid and silent, I would open my mouth and remove all doubt. Out here we do things depending upon the letters of the alphabet. Since shellfish hunting is only good in months that do not end in a "Y", I gotta believe that coyote hunting is best in states that end in a vowel. Especially those that end a double vowel? California, Arizona (or Arizonia, if it is really good), Utaaaa, Wyominga.. you get the idea... Great bulletin board!

"In the valley of the blind the one-eyed man is king."

Stig

very few yotes in PA...they are way too hard to call in, and the forests are too vast to see them if you do. I'd vote for South & Central NJ...Looks very much like the Midwest. Lot's of flat spots and wide open spaces.

I second William and 7wsm. There are NO coyotes in oregon. Period. The last one I saw was laying dead in the back of my pickup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Man, whys everybody gotta pick on NJ, We will be a top destination if this state keeps lettin the polititions dictate policy, within the last ten years we've seen more and more. I think the next ten yrs it will explode. Tim

Back