Time to take a stand

Good stuff. I tend to hunt tighter cover more so in heavily hunted areas. As far as roads I kill a number of coyotes in places that literally all other hunters drive right past, because of cover or difficult access.

Originally Posted By: AWSGood stuff. I tend to hunt tighter cover more so in heavily hunted areas. As far as roads I kill a number of coyotes in places that literally all other hunters drive right past, because of cover or difficult access.

So so true...you gotta go where they are...in my early days I was going out with a friend and I thought he knew what he was doing but we passed by so many spots that looked good to me but I figured "what did I know" so I just went where he wanted...turns out I knew more than I thought.

These days I will call many spots that most folks just go by...you gotta learn to "see" and "think" like a predator.

Thanks for that AWS...

Originally Posted By: Dan OGreat content and watching the video makes it so much easier to understand.

That is great to hear. I’ll be putting out another one shortly. Glad you’re getting something out of it.

Excellent tutorial, Jason. Especially effective breaking the video into part one & part 2. We can always learn something new, no matter how long we've been at it.

Watching body language of the incoming coyotes can definitely pay dividends in predicting what's on a coyote's mind (sometimes
unsure.gif
), but they can change their mind in a heartbeat, as you alluded to). I never thought about pointing speaker up but sounds like a worthwhile tip, especially in the thick brush I hunt.

Looking forward to more of the same.

Regards,
hm

Thanks for the feedback...I figured out the speaker trick by watching their behavior when they approached the speaker when I put it up in trees...they seemed confused and would start circling...I first started putting the speaker up in trees to try and get it to project out further so I thought that putting it up in trees woukd help...

I use a Lucky Duck Revolt and the caller rotates and has a small decoy. I learned from AWS to hang a feather up in the brush for another "curiosity" trick. Those animals are sure smarter than me, but it's such a rush when they come rolling in. Thanks for all of the info.

Originally Posted By: redhazeI use a Lucky Duck Revolt and the caller rotates and has a small decoy. I learned from AWS to hang a feather up in the brush for another "curiosity" trick. Those animals are sure smarter than me, but it's such a rush when they come rolling in. Thanks for all of the info.

There’s a lot of very knowledgeable hunters here in our community. I use decoys when there’s a chance for them to see the call and figure out something is amiss. Especially in wider open areas.

Glad you’ve enjoyed it so far. We’ll keep adding more content. Let us know if there’s anything in particular that you’d like to see.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyGREAT STUFF in these tutorials. I have no idea of the time involved but it has to be substantial. THANKS

It is my pleasure...just hoping to cut a little time off the learning curve...I know my first 2 years were pretty rough...I'm just a bit more stubborn than some...

Back