Tikka Vs Remingtom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google is how the truly clueless (like some here) "ascertain" their information. I tend to gather mine through real world trigger time, unlike some here.

There was a guy on here last week who blew the extractor and plunger out on his Tikka with a hot load, not an uncommon happening, for those that know about Tikkas. The part is now discontinued from the factory and both he and I were unable to locate one at the time.

Please show where this has ever occurred with a model 700, 70, 110, 77, 98........

I've owned LOTS of 700s, and so do guys I know. I'm thinking we just may have an idea as to their quality, without internet heresay ever entering into the mix.....

Maybe Ken can explain how many Remington owners sold/gave away their triggers? X Mark's? I havent read of many with a Tikka.. then again I havent read about people having to bed their Tikka's to shoot either? Then again, I havent read anything about Brand New Tikkas that wont even chamber the round that they were purchased in. I Know that we have all read this before about Remington. But then again, I degress..

Althouth that may be your experience 2muchgun, Where mite others that dont have the money to buy every gun they want to no something about attain their information on what to get or what not to get? Easy to say you know this from trigger time but what about someone with general knowledge of rifles? Should there be a link to you under every rifle ad? Just wondering where someone such as myself mite get some info thats worth knowing about a particular gun

I like the action on the Tikka and also the 700. I am a Savage man and I have several. I also have a Remington 700 22-250. Now, 2muchgun and I has shared our opinion on the savage and remington thing, but I got to say I love my remmy and the more I shoot it the better it shoots and I have not done a thing to it. I think now days they are all good. jmo.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Maybe Ken can explain how many Remington owners sold/gave away their triggers? X Mark's? I havent read of many with a Tikka.. then again I havent read about people having to bed their Tikka's to shoot either? Then again, I havent read anything about Brand New Tikkas that wont even chamber the round that they were purchased in. I Know that we have all read this before about Remington. But then again, I degress..

It doesnt matter how much fact you lay in front of him. Its a lost cause. I say just let him keep dumping his money on Remingtons, the economy needs guys like him and guns like Remington right now.

Ever read about any Tikkas being recalled because their barrels were blowing up. I did.
laugh.gif

X-mark triggers are junk. You know why I know. Cuz I've used them, and not just read about them on the internet. You should try it som time. Real world information is great stuff.

You know what else is junk? Tikka receivers, Tikka bolt shrouds, Tikka magazines, Tikka "recoil lugs", Tikka stocks, Tikka customer service. Guess how I know that?

You guys crack me up.........

Originally Posted By: warpig602Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Maybe Ken can explain how many Remington owners sold/gave away their triggers? X Mark's? I havent read of many with a Tikka.. then again I havent read about people having to bed their Tikka's to shoot either? Then again, I havent read anything about Brand New Tikkas that wont even chamber the round that they were purchased in. I Know that we have all read this before about Remington. But then again, I degress..

It doesnt matter how much fact you lay in front of him. Its a lost cause. I say just let him keep dumping his money on Remingtons, the economy needs guys like him and guns like Remington right now.

You've yet to lay any fact in front of anybody. EVER.

Waiting on those pics of all those you have experience with.........
laugh.gif

To me this is just funny...I may get a Remington just to try it out. But when you Google, it brings you to These forums. PredatorMasters, Saubier, Beartooth, etc... this must be where the mindless hang out? These are actual experiences of shooters. Do research, and you will come up with many mindless ramblings.. Some companies are advancing, some are retreating.

The Marines just placed another order for 3000 more 700s last week. Would you call this retreating or advancing?

ya but all those are going to be built! My grandpa is friends with Roy e. Chandler and he has written several reviews on the military 700s in precision shooter magazine and they are far from factory! Chandler helped develop the m40a3 and one of 16 prototypes were sent to him to make his expert assessment on. 700 action is the only thing remington about the military versions

Originally Posted By: Flat Land Coaxerya but all those are going to be built! My grandpa is friends with Roy e. Chandler and he has written several reviews on the military 700s in precision shooter magazine and they are far from factory! Chandler helped develop the m40a3 and one of 16 prototypes were sent to him to make his expert assessment on. 700 action is the only thing remington about the military versions

Exactly. A clear example of Remingtons are awesome when you throw away everything but the action and build it from there.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunEver read about any Tikkas being recalled because their barrels were blowing up. I did.
laugh.gif

Im sure you can post a link for us? Or do you not have time for that as well.......like the last post you didnt want to look up.

Itd be nice if tikka would put better stocks on their varmint rifles though. Never shot a tikka before so I cannot comment on this debate but would like to see tikka come with an HS Precision stock or at least a bell and carlson.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: warpig602Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Maybe Ken can explain how many Remington owners sold/gave away their triggers? X Mark's? I havent read of many with a Tikka.. then again I havent read about people having to bed their Tikka's to shoot either? Then again, I havent read anything about Brand New Tikkas that wont even chamber the round that they were purchased in. I Know that we have all read this before about Remington. But then again, I degress..

You've yet to lay any fact in front of anybody. EVER.

Waiting on those pics of all those you have experience with.........
laugh.gif

I dont have pics of me in Germany during WWII but I can certainly tell you I know all about it. I dont have any pics of the Jeeps I own but I can tell you that I drive them to work. I can tell you I have a job and get a paycheck but I dont have pics of those either. So by your reasoning, I know nothing about WWII, I dont have a car or job or collect a paycheck.......maybe I should start taking pictures of everything I own so people will believe that I have or had those things.

Originally Posted By: jbrodie7Itd be nice if tikka would put better stocks on their varmint rifles though. Never shot a tikka before so I cannot comment on this debate but would like to see tikka come with an HS Precision stock or at least a bell and carlson.

They shoot great without one....sub moa, no reason to add anything that wont help much and drive the price up at the same time.

Save it. You have zero credibility.

I know you can take pics. Apparently only when you are trying to sell something. You have one Tikka that I know, and you bought that long afteryour touting began.

Put up or shut up. It's very simple......

0>

[beeep] are you talking about. Do a little more "research", chief and get back with me.

You kids are hilarious..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back