Tikka Lite Roughtech .243

soup

Folks,
I picked up the Tikka today.
It's an 8" twist but I have no intention to use it for deer hunting.
It's going to be a dedicated coyote rifle.
Going to put a Leupold on it for now to work up a good tight load with Hornady 65 VMax bullets and also Nosler 70 grain Ballistic Tips. I haven't gotten a shot at a coyote yet! Don't laugh I'm only 75!! But this rifle should do the job if the opportunity happens.
After load development my Pulsar C50 goes on.
Happy Easter to all.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

Tried the 65 grain V Max in my Tikka 243,they shot lights out and loved them till I shot a few coyotes with them.Shot a double first time to hunt with them and both splashed,went to 87 grain V Max problem solved,no runners since the change.Put both shots on the runners where I wanted them.Just my results ,some folks may have had better results than me,was pushing the 65 grain at 3400 and some change

I got my 243 Tikka setup with about 1 week remaining in our coyote season. I managed to put 2 coyotes down using Hornady Superformance 75gr V-Max. Both shots bang flops with no splash, no exits which kind of surprised me. Both between 75-100 yards if memory serves. I want to say that round is pushing 3600 fps. Sample size of 2 so not enough to have much of an opinion.

I bought some HSM Varmint loads that also have the 75gr V-Max that shot a little tighter. Those are running at 3300 fps. A little off season range time to get the barrel settled in a bit and we’ll see what next year brings.

Back