Tikka Dovetail Scope Rings

soup

Fellows picked up a Tikka Friday and it has a dovetail cut in the top of the receiver for scope rings.
If anyone is using this dovetail, please pass on where to buy quality rings for this application.
I really don't want to add a rail if I can get around it. I purchased this "Lite" rifle just to keep weight down. I need 30mm rings for my NV scope.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

unknown munitions makes a dovetail scope ring specifically for the tikka. They’re spendy but apparently really great quality.

Attachments

• IMG_7192.png
    IMG_7192.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 11
Bill, I too think your most versatile (ring space friendly) mounting system is going to be a rail and good rings. You’re talking about trying to keep your rifle lightweight which is fine if that’s what you’re going for. However, if you’re going to mount your NV scope and upgraded illuminator with the adjustable mount you sent me pics of you are already defeating your goal. The rail and rings kind of become a minimal factor.

I’ve sent you some different options via text for some different possibilities, but I think a pic rail (Talley, Leupold etc) and a good set of rings (I like the Leupold Back Country) is where you should start.

Just my opinion. She’s your baby so you set her up any way you want.

Warne makes Tikka specific rings. Both quick detach and permanent, but they’re steel and heavy. They’re also vertical split which some folks hate.

Folks,
First thank you to all who replied!
I ordered Leupold Back Country mounts and rings, also the Leupold rings for a rail. I already have a rail coming.
Just have to see what works best for me.
Soup

I have a DNZ one piece on my Tikka and really like it. If your NV is like a traditional scope, they should work.

Trying to keep the weight down on a night vision set up is pretty hard considering the weight of the scope/light already.

Thank you to all for your enlightening replies!
I'm sending my NV back to Pulsar tomorrow to have a lense cover replaced. I'll just have to play the waiting game to get it mounted. What surprised me was the fact that all the NV, lights or thermals come in about 2 pounds, give or take. After I purchased my C50 I thought I'd made a big (weight) and expensive mistake. But it seems from the replies that most folks are dealing with the 2 lb. factor.
When the C50 comes back it's going on the new .243 Tikka. If it doesn't work out, I'll go another route. That rifle is coyote dedicated. Just have to see what mounts work best.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

Thank you to all for your enlightening replies!
I'm sending my NV back to Pulsar tomorrow to have a lense cover replaced. I'll just have to play the waiting game to get it mounted. What surprised me was the fact that all the NV, lights or thermals come in about 2 pounds, give or take. After I purchased my C50 I thought I'd made a big (weight) and expensive mistake. But it seems from the replies that most folks are dealing with the 2 lb. factor.
When the C50 comes back it's going on the new .243 Tikka. If it doesn't work out, I'll go another route. That rifle is coyote dedicated. Just have to see what mounts work best.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

The reason that most of us night hunters don't really "care" about weight is because we shoot off of tripods.

The reason that most of us night hunters don't really "care" about weight is because we shoot off of tripods.
I prefer shooting off my Swagger bipod over the tripod even at night. I run the QD 42 Swagger so it’s not always attached to my gun and I’ll just throw it in my pack. I can just get more stable getting my elbow on my leg. But in a lot of my spots (most actually) it just makes sense to run my tripod.

I prefer shooting off my Swagger bipod over the tripod even at night. I run the QD 42 Swagger so it’s not always attached to my gun and I’ll just throw it in my pack. I can just get more stable getting my elbow on my leg. But in a lot of my spots (most actually) it just makes sense to run my tripod.
At the distances I shoot at night the tripod gives more than enough stability. However, during the day time I can see where having something more stable in the rear would help. Also, when I'm night hunting I hardly ever sit down and when I do its on a dove stool. Whenever I am day hunting I am always sitting down on the stool.

Fellows picked up a Tikka Friday and it has a dovetail cut in the top of the receiver for scope rings.
If anyone is using this dovetail, please pass on where to buy quality rings for this application.
I really don't want to add a rail if I can get around it. I purchased this "Lite" rifle just to keep weight down. I need 30mm rings for my NV scope.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"
I put a Leupold rail on my Tikka and I’m happy with it.

Another user of the Sportsmatch TO84 rings, on my Tikka. Don’t want extra weight and bulk of a rail, when the rifle manufacturer designs the rifle for the purpose of not having to use it.

Thank you all for your replies.
The Leupold Back Country base and rings, also the Back Country rings for attachment to a rail arrived today.
I hope I didn't make a mistake - all the rings I ordered are 'High". The optic on my C50 is at least 50mm maybe larger. I'd like to find out so I can return them before I open them.
My NV was returned to Pulsar, in fact they got it yesterday, to repair the front lense cover latch. I do have some time before it's returned.
Any input gents?
semper Fidelis
Soup

Fellows,
I decided to try the SportsMatch dovetail rings. the reason I purchased this rifle was less weight. I didn't want to add more than I have. Plus, several shooters on PM and other sites gave positive feedback.
My NV was delivered yesterday, it's mounted and hopefully tomorrow I'll get to zero it.
Thank you to all for your replies.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

Gentlemen,
It's time to eat crow!!
When I got to the range I had issues getting the C50 focused.
The large focus ring (which is 67MM) has small fins spaced around it and were touching the barrel.
I removed the scope and rings, then put a Leupold Back Country rail and Back Country high rings.
Nothing is touching and I'm going to try to zero the scope today with some 75 grain Sierras on top of RE 19.
Have a nice day.
Soup

Back