Thermal Units Competing with FLIR?

I don't have a dog in this fight but I've always bought the best hunting equipment I could afford with an eye toward value and durability.

It appears to me that FLIR is the big dog in this game and my money, when I finally spend it, is very likely to be spent on Flir equipment and my dealer will be TNVC.

Predatormasters has always been about the free exchange of ideas and if we didn't agree with someone's opinions we always just politely agreed to disagree and promoted our favorite dog in the race/fight....

Let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum and keep our sense of humor.

Skypup has always been the go to guy for information on Flir equipment and many many of us are very greatful for his help and advice and he has unselfishly shared many of his experiences with us.

If I didn't like him or resented him in any way (which I don't) nobody here would ever know it. I respect the time he has spent to share his experiences and knowledge with us and many others as well.

Let's all learn together and drop the personal attacks and just share our experiences freely like we on Predatormasters have always done.....

Climbing down off of soapbox and headed to work...
smile.gif

Sincerely,
$bob$

The problem is that Skypup craps on every thread with the same tireless promotion of FLIR products. Like others have said, it is obnoxious and annoying. His logic is insulting to anyone with a brain. I could kill hundreds of ducks with a single barrel Rossi shotgun. That doesn't make it the best choice on the market.

The more he posts, the less people take his opinions seriously.

The title of this thread is "Thermal Units competing with FLIR".

FLIR is a great company despite Skypups attempts to make them look like pushy used car salesmen. But, bottom line - he is afraid that someone has made a better product (IR Patrol / Mark II). So, he can't help trying to distort things.

In the end, more choices are good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dh223The problem is that Skypup craps on every thread with the same tireless promotion of FLIR products. Like others have said, it is obnoxious and annoying. His logic is insulting to anyone with a brain. I could kill hundreds of ducks with a single barrel Rossi shotgun. That doesn't make it the best choice on the market.

The more he posts, the less people take his opinions seriously.

The title of this thread is "Thermal Units competing with FLIR".

FLIR is a great company despite Skypups attempts to make them look like pushy used car salesmen. But, bottom line - he is afraid that someone has made a better product (IR Patrol / Mark II). So, he can't help trying to distort things.

In the end, more choices are good.

As a new member just learning predator hunting, the more dh223 posts about me the less I take his opinions of me seriously.

Pretty much every single one of his dozen or so posts so far on PM are directed at crapping on me for one reason or another?

It's okay dh223, you have really brought allot to the table in a short time, I hear ya and will carry on where I left off. Bring on all your photos, videos, and experiences with your thermal gear and share them with us, it's all good.

What makes you think I am a new predator hunter? I have been doing this for over a decade and have owned several thermal and I^2 units.

I just don't have to post pictures on the internet all the time like you for attention.

I crap on you because you are an attention whore and promote FLIR in a slimey way.

Originally Posted By: dh223What makes you think I am a new predator hunter? I have been doing this for over a decade and have owned several thermal and I^2 units.

I just don't have to post pictures on the internet all the time like you for attention.

I crap on you because you are an attention whore and promote FLIR in a slimey way.

I know dh223, I am well familiar with your posts here on this and other forums, nice of you to follow me around and let me know what you think, I appreciate your attention so much! It's really kinda cute of you in a sweet way!
thumbup1.gif

It's just flattering to have someone like you around to help spread the word!
thumbup.gif

dh223, as far as I am concerned you can buy whatever you like, but you are never going to gain anyone's respect on here mouthing off like you have been. Please do everyone a favor and stop posting on this subject.

I have just basic knowledge on the night vision and thermal stuff,but I do know how to kill coyotes with the technology.
So I can not get into these technical fights..That said anytime I need advise on something a quick pm to SkyPup and he would go out of his way to help with info or software adds..
I also would like to thank Gman for his help also..

Originally Posted By: Shurshotdh223, as far as I am concerned you can buy whatever you like, but you are never going to gain anyone's respect on here mouthing off like you have been. Please do everyone a favor and stop posting on this subject.

I think both of them need to relax!

They continue to mouth each other after each post, they are equally guilty!

Back to the topic at hand -
I have a Flir PS24 and love it, is there something better? Obviously! Is it another Flir, ATN, IR Hunter or the many other Thermal devices available out there?

I couldnt tell you because i dont own one. That is why i am here to learn about the others and not only Flir.

Originally Posted By: Shurshotdh223, as far as I am concerned you can buy whatever you like, but you are never going to gain anyone's respect on here mouthing off like you have been. Please do everyone a favor and stop posting on this subject.

At least I don't relentlessly post the same obnoxious pictures over and over again that scream "Look at me".

Are you and Skypup lovers?

He is being paid to troll the boards and shill FLIR products.

Last edited:
Haha, this is not even a technical "fight" as no technical facts have been presented anywhere by this person, it's just a disgruntled individual letting everyone know that he's here to tell everyone what he does not like.

Big deal, opinions are just based on subjective material insufficient to produce anything besides "an opinion."

Originally Posted By: dh223Originally Posted By: Shurshotdh223, as far as I am concerned you can buy whatever you like, but you are never going to gain anyone's respect on here mouthing off like you have been. Please do everyone a favor and stop posting on this subject.

At least I don't relentlessly post the same obnoxious pictures over and over again that scream "Look at me".

Are you and Skypup lovers?

He is being paid to troll the boards and shill FLIR products.

This is all you really can expect from this individual and his friends.

Nice that he takes the time to follow me around though, very flattering indeed and much appreciated seeing how the other side thinks!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: Shurshotdh223, as far as I am concerned you can buy whatever you like, but you are never going to gain anyone's respect on here mouthing off like you have been. Please do everyone a favor and stop posting on this subject.

I think both of them need to relax!

They continue to mouth each other after each post, they are equally guilty!

Back to the topic at hand -
I have a Flir PS24 and love it, is there something better? Obviously! Is it another Flir, ATN, IR Hunter or the many other Thermal devices available out there?

I couldnt tell you because i dont own one. That is why i am here to learn about the others and not only Flir.

I think i nailed it on the Head above when i said they both need to relax and are equally guilty of egging on the other so to speak.

Now wheres that Popcorn??

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI believe you are incorrect, the egging did not start here, this dude comes from elsewhere....

I see you continually adding fuel to the fire!

Who is the bigger man here? You or the Newbie??

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: SkyPupI believe you are incorrect, the egging did not start here, this dude comes from elsewhere....

I see you continually adding fuel to the fire!

Who is the bigger man here? You or the Newbie??

Maybe you can answer your own question, at least for yourself?

I don't mind having some fun with these kinds of people, after all it is Wack-Job-Friday!

Perhaps they are all so mad when they heard that me, DoubleCheese and GMan all got FLIR LS-XR when we could have gotten something else that somebody else wanted if only we all just waited?

We apologize for our mistakes to those in elsewhere.

I have now concluded that the Newbie is the bigger man!

Nice try at getting me into your fight there Pup. It aint happening!

I am off this thread because the dog in the Sky has ruined it for most and taken it completley off track!

That is good to hear from you, not a problem!

You certainly are entitled to express your own opinion even though you did try to suck me in on it.

It is a monumental decision considering just how difficult it is with thermals for some folks.

Carry on and have a great weekend!

Back