The Neck Shot Versus the Heart/Lung Shot?

22-250 55 grain vmax 300 yds will blow the lungs into mush, the muscle reaction to the shock will cause allot of the spin.

Originally Posted By: prkrgrp22-250 55 grain vmax 300 yds will blow the lungs into mush, the muscle reaction to the shock will cause allot of the spin.

Okay...

Originally Posted By: prkrgrp22-250 55 grain vmax 300 yds will blow the lungs into mush, the muscle reaction to the shock will cause allot of the spin.

blink.gif
My deer never spin when lung shot !
blink.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: prkrgrp22-250 55 grain vmax 300 yds will blow the lungs into mush, the muscle reaction to the shock will cause allot of the spin.

blink.gif
My deer never spin when lung shot !
blink.gif

Neither do my elk?
lol.gif

Next time you get a spinner cut him open and you'll likely find that you hit him a lot further back than you thought barely hitting the lungs at all or missing them completely.

Originally Posted By: Salmo22

ANTELOPEHUNT1966_CS4x_ColorMix.jpg

#1 - This is THE coolest photo. Did they bring Ansel Adams with them on that hunt?
smile.gif

#2 - Three guys and 4 Antelope? I want to hunt there.
#3 - Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: justin10mmDeer run, coyotes spin, their all dead on their feet.

A solid lung hit yote,will hardly spin if at all. MOST hit the ground with a kick or 2.

Agree. Coyotes mainly spin when you hit them too far back in the liver and intestines area. It happens regularly on the videos I've seen. Shooters tend to aim way too far back out of ignorance.

It seems like most of the new people to the sport think it is easy and don't take it as serious as they do big game hunting, they take there dads old rifle and don't even go to the range and try it out. To be a good predator hunter you need to be a great marksman.
Then when they make bad shots and have spinners or runners they just blame it on the bullet and start using bigger canons.
A 22 LR has probably killed more then anything else you just need to know where to put it.

Back