Talk about expanding your kill zone!

they do look deployed to me . They are just laying down. Look at the back near the rubber band. Thats not how they look when closed..

Not to change the subject but im goin to! Anyone have any opinions on the 3 blade?

That arrow is about 1 1/2 inches from the edge, and traveled around 6+ inches threw the tree. The camera angle makes it look shorter, and the blades are close because I was messing with ten to make sure they worked and I didn't leave them open when I took the pic.

Not trying to start stuff, but not all expandables are junk but to each his Own

~Bryan

Bryan8,
I gotta agree with Redeye....pic or no pic, that arrow did not go through the hard wood part of the tree. Unless it was a Balsa wood tree. NO arrow is going thru a 6 to 8 inch tree at all....especially at 70 yds. where it lost most of its energy.
My BS meter went off the charts on that one. Don't want to argue about it ,,I just couldn't let that one go.
Don't get me wrong I love mechanical heads, I use them all the time. Just killed a small 8 pt last Friday with mine.
thumbdown.gif

When I said through a 6-8inch tree It sounded like I ment I sent an arrow threw the middle of a 6-8 inch tree. I didn't mean it to sound like this.

But on the tree my arrow traveled 6+ inches through wood. It may not have been as solid as the center mass of the tree but it's still going through a tree in my deffination. So no my arrow did not actually go right through the middle of the Tree but it went 6+ inches threw the softer wood. And most broadheads would do this. I was trying to say that the head is pretty sturdy, because i know my striker blades would of broke.

Now that we got over the mech v fixed, anyone wana argue about ar's v bolts ? Hahah

~Bryan

Ok, Bryan,
We'll give ya a little slack now.....You have to realize when you make a statement on this forum you have to "Say what you mean and Mean what you say" There is a lot of guys on here that have been around the block a few times so we know when we hear something that isn't quite right, we're gonna let ya know.
No problem or hard feelings. Have some good hunts.
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Bryan8, Here is the small 8 pt I was telling you about. I use the Spitfire 3 blade mech. I have had great results on the last four deer I shot with them. This one only went about 35 yds. Both lungs....of course the shot was only 12 yds on this one. In the one pic you can see part of the open blade against my camo thigh. Rack was small but he weighed 131 lbs. not real small body. Just ate some chops about an hour ago. Mmmmmmmmgood.

TestCam039.jpg

TestCam047.jpg

TestCam049.jpg

Just a quick question to the original post.....if the arrow didn't hit any organs as stated, what did it hit to make the deer die so quick??? They have to bleed to death and with only blood system of the intestines to bleed out, I would not think that it would have dropped dead so fast. ?? Just wondering.....And I have shot a few myself. Jim

Originally Posted By: CuttnThenStacknI agree! Rage broadheads suck!!

haha holy crap!

i shoot hellrazor 125's no experience with rage but i dont see myself shooting ANY mechanical broad head in the future!

Originally Posted By: CuttnThenStacknI agree! Rage broadheads suck!!

cuttin,
Do you has any personal experience with the rage broadhead on game? What is your bow set up?

I want to know why you think they suck so bad

~Bryan

My bow is a G5 quest XPB 32. G5 sights and a whisker biscuit. By far the smoothest drawing bow I have ever pulled back. I aint big on NAME brand equipment, I always go by what will help me in the woods, not what will make people think I am a big time hunter. That being said, why do I think Rage broadheads suck? Its simple, they are a mechanical broadhead! If you have a broadhead that has moving parts, there is always going to be a possibility of a malfunction. I want a broadhead that if I make a bad shot, it will still do its job and mess the deer up, and in many cases, I have witnessed a mechanical broadhead, such as Rage, not do its job. Any broadhead will kill a deer if put in the right location, but not every broadhead will still do damage if a bad shot is made.

I lost 2 does to the Rage this year, and one of the 3 blades wasn't deployed on my mule deer buck either. good shots on both does, the Rage just didn't perform. I am goin to shoot the G5 T3's this year. they seem like a really well constructed broadhead...

Originally Posted By: CuttnThenStacknMy bow is a G5 quest XPB 32. G5 sights and a whisker biscuit. . I help That being said, why do I think Rage broadheads suck? Its simple, they are a mechanical broadhead! If you have a broadhead that has moving parts, there is always going to be a possibility of a malfunction. I

If you or anyone else is/are worried about moving parts, I wouldn't be shooting a compound!

Moving parts a fine for somethings, just not my broadheads. I shoot 125 grain magnus fixed 2 blade. Just my 2 cents. I have personally help track several deer that were shot with expandable heads. Found 3 out of 5. The three we found were shot perfectly, the heads failed.

Back