Tacoma winch bumper.......

William Suter

....saved the front of my truck tonite. Today wasn't exactly a banner day for me but that's pretty much normal lately. Just after dark, I got hungry and decided to go get something to eat. Coney Island is just up the road so I opted for that. Went in, got my dogs, back in the truck going to leave. Two cars in front of me and all of a sudden the car in front of me back up lights come on and he starts to back up. Impatient I guess, but I lay on my horn and its to late. Wham.......backs in to the passenger side of my bumper. Well crap. We get out and he's a nice enough guy but his cars rear end is trashed. Its a really nice Toyota Cambry, well, it was a nice Cambry. I ask if he wants my information and he said if I was OK, he would just deal with his on his own. My Taco hasn't a mark on it other than my fog light hole is full of broken rear end Toyota parts. My bumper isn't really very pretty but it works as it should. sure saved my front end this time. I can bet when he see's his car in the morning he isn't gonna be happy. And if he's married and wifey see's it he gonna have he11 to pay.

I bought a 23 Taco in april. The front bumpers on these things are a joke. In June I pulled over a cut down bush I couldn't see & when I backed up if partly ripped the bumper off.

That repair cost over $4000. You're lucky you had the winch to take the hit & not the plastic.

Back