Such a sad and unnecessary life lost

My heart goes out to this family. But, in typical Californication fashion ...... the cougars are protected. Even though they casually roam through school properties and residential backyards.

Even in The People's Republic of California fatal cougar attacks are pretty rare. I think before this, the last one was in 1994. But contrary to liberal opinion, cougars aren't in danger of extinction either. Definitely should have an open season.

Not rare for that family or the lady attacked in Washington a few weeks back.

Then there was the guy in Washington who shot one stalking him..

I'm sure in the authoritarian state of California more attacks happen then are reported. Lot easier to SSS then deal with the nut jobs running that place.

21 year old should've been carrying, simple as that.

You don't go out in the woods without protection, plain and simple. That is unless you don't understand the consequences, and that their are predators out there that will eat you. Common sense in my opinion.

Even in The People's Republic of California fatal cougar attacks are pretty rare. I think before this, the last one was in 1994. But contrary to liberal opinion, cougars aren't in danger of extinction either. Definitely should have an open season.

Not rare at all...California has way too many bears and cougars, and needs a season to regulate the population. Shoot em all, SSS...
Screenshot_20240327-124717_Google.jpg

Not rare at all...California has way too many bears and cougars, and needs a season to regulate the population. Shoot em all, SSS...
View attachment 6953

I suppose that turns on what you mean by rare. Leopards, which are pretty much the same size as cougars, prey on people regularly in many parts of Africa and Asia. The infamous Panar leopard of India killed over 400 people before having its ticket stamped by that great hunter of man eaters Jim Corbett. Moreover, while record keeping leaves something to be desired in many parts of its range, many authorities are of the opinion that man eating leopards strike on a near daily basis in much of sub-Saharan Africa. Compared with those numbers, 24 attacks and 2 fatalities over nearly 40 years in a populated state like California is pretty damn rare. One's chances of being killed by someone's dog, a bee sting or a snake bite are substantially higher than death by cougar.

Last edited:
21 year old should've been carrying, simple as that.

You don't go out in the woods without protection, plain and simple. That is unless you don't understand the consequences, and that their are predators out there that will eat you. Common sense in my opinion.

That's my POINT. I question if it is illegal to carry in California unless you are actively hunting. The article says: "Saturday was also the opening day of junior turkey hunting season, so they didn’t carry firearms that would draw the eye of game wardens." I wonder with the weird CA gun laws if it would have been legal for them to carry a sidearm. I highly doubt it from what I can gather. Either way I hate it happened.

FWIW, I won't go into the woods ANYWHERE without at least a handgun. Heck, I carry even when on the tractor or mower.

I don't think it's illegal to carry in Cali during hunting season...otherwise what would be the point of carrying on a day to day basis? California doesn't have a 365 day hunting season last I checked, FFS they don't even have a cougar or bear season. That state is just plain retarded and I wouldn't care if it got lost in the Pacific Ocean at this point. I'm just north of them in Oregon and we have far too many of those libtards that have now ruined my state, let alone Washington, and half the country with their idiocracy, ideology, and politics.

Last edited:
Seems like every winter there is at least one sighting of a mountain lion in the inner city of minneapolis, usually the video is picked up by a ring doorbell or garage camera late at night.

Back