STATE TROOPERS MAKE ME LAUGH

Originally Posted By: ShoesOriginally Posted By: azmastablasta I also know that anyone who ever was actually an LEO, and anyone else with any common sense are smart enough to show respect for those putting their lives on the line daily.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a [beeep] what you think you are entitled to." Jack Nicholson

Just made me think of that movie, man I love that movie.

AMEN SHOES!! That has got to be the best quote of all times!

I know I'm about to jump in the fire here, but this is what I don't understand about all cops... I don't beat my wife, I work hard to take care of my kids, I pay my bills, I don't do drugs, I would help just about anybody do anything... and they want to take a couple hundred away from me because I was driving to fast? Yep, I know, speeding is against the law, but it ain't like I'm cookin meth here. What I'm saying is, it seems like the law focuses more on giving out speeding tickets rather than the dope heads, killers, etc. I know, I know. They are putting their lives out there to protect us. I'm not necessarly knocking them. But he11, I wish they'd worry more about the criminals, rather than the everyday tax payer thats just in a hurry to get home.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle
When you are the person that has to knock on a door and notify the next of kin that their loved one(s) won't be coming home any more, it gives you a totally different perspective on speed..

That's the part that would be miserable to have to do. That and the gory aftermath of accidents is what most of us don't see and I'm sure it would change a lot of attitudes on driving if we did.

Quote:What I'm saying is, it seems like the law focuses more on giving out speeding tickets rather than the dope heads, killers, etc. Dave, For law enforcement, in total,,,the amount of time spent on traffic enforcement is miniscule, compared to the amount of time spent on other enforcement and investigative duties...

Some department had dedicated traffic enforcement units and in the pecking order of most departments, they are near the bottom...Homicide and Sex Crime Investigators are near the top...Then Robbery Unit members...etc..

Unfortunately, the activities of the Traffic Units are the ones most commonly seen by the general public..

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:What I'm saying is, it seems like the law focuses more on giving out speeding tickets rather than the dope heads, killers, etc. Dave, For law enforcement, in total,,,the amount of time spent on traffic enforcement is miniscule, compared to the amount of time spent on other enforcement and investigative duties...

Some department had dedicated traffic enforcement units and in the pecking order of most departments, they are near the bottom...Homicide and Sex Crime Investigators are near the top...Then Robbery Unit members...etc..

Unfortunately, the activities of the Traffic Units are the ones most commonly seen by the general public..

And, as is true everywhere, to get to the top, you start at the bottom and do a good job. Maybe some do get a little overzealous, but the law is on their side. A lot of HUGE, criminal cases start with a simple traffic stop. A lot a drugs and weapons are taken off the streets from a stop. Officers never know what they are getting into when they make a stop. That is why they may seem a little grumpy sometimes. Be respectful and do what they ask and they will usually lighten up once they determine you probably won't try to kill them.

As a taxpayer, would you rather have the police officer you are paying actively working, making stops and writing tickets, or would you prefer they just sit around until there is "real" crime to deal with? How safe do you think the roadways would be if people thought they could drive at any speed and in any manner they wanted to?

cool.gif
Insurance firms say that a 20 year career as an LEO shortens life expectancy by about 16 years or so, on average! Some like my good friend CPL Don Mauldin formerly of PCSO are killed long before their times. It is a dangerous, often dirty job and very like being a soldier. When I won all the Performance Awards in my Police Academy I was asked where I had been previously trained to which I responded "US ARMY!"
thumbup.gif

GOOD HUNTING!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
I live next to a small township that has it's own Police dept. and of course their own judge. They are probably 99% traffic enforcement. When any Real crimes happen, they have to call in the St. Louis county PD.

My best friend worked for SLPD for several years before moving out to a PD by Old Turtle's area. We joke about this little town having about 10 cars and 7 streets.

St. George was another in the immediate area but they got dis banned, too much corruption in their PD.

Here in PA the police are pretty easy to get along with. I've been stopped numerous times going quite fast and 99% of the time have been either let go or given a small ticket with no points. When they come up and ask "Do you know why I stopped you, I simply say, " I think it was because I was doing 80 mph". It's amazing the difference it makes. One time I was in Philadelphia, and was distracted talking with my passenger, went through a red light, and almost T-boned a police car. I was pulled over immediately, didn't make any excuses, and they LET ME GO WITHOUT ANY VIOLATION. The officer actually said "you're lucky you're honest" while he handed back my license, registration and insurance. There are some pricks out there, but IMO if you sincerely treat a LEO with respect, they are usually pretty good at determining that you are not a scumbag. I could give example after example. Just remember that the likelihood is that right before the LEO interacts with you they have been dealing with real idiots, difficult situations, and very disrespectful people right before they talk with you. How you act determines how they act. I know every State and jurisdiction is different, but here in PA we have pretty good LEO's.

Originally Posted By: coyote killaI know every State and jurisdiction is different, but here in PA we have pretty good LEO's.

I'd rather deal with a State Cop than a small town LEO.

In my little Pennsyltucky town, our local Barney Fife has been suspended:

he recently offered to tear up a ticket if the female driver he pulled over performed "a favor" for him.

She took the ticket and drove straight to the office of a district judge to file a formal complaint.

Thankfully, the District Judge does not believe in covering nitwits via the Blue Code.

I hope she gets his BADGE, permanently..

The "Rooster" has been plucked.

as Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon"....

Last edited:
thumbup.gif
Women can be mean! An AZ DPS Trooper took one lady up on her offer to have sex with him to forget the ticket; soon after they had sex she hurried to a Hospital to have a 'rape kit' done. Good bye, Trooper!
cool.gif

You would be surprised at how many times a 'beat cop' gets a proposition to "look the other way"...

We used to laugh at some of the gals that were speeding to get home from a bar, before her husband got off work on the late shift as some of the local plants back in the '60s...

First it's the skirt hiked up, then the tears, then the proposition, then when none of those work, you find out how may cuss words they actually know...

Our Internal Affairs used to send out "plants" just to see if they could catch an officer willing to play under those conditions... Back then, they got very few takers...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleFirst it's the skirt hiked up, then the tears, then the proposition, then when none of those work, you find out how may cuss words they actually know...

so, in other words,

you guys were responsible for creating the critter we know as "The Bi-Polar Woman"
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: ExpertMarksman
thumbup.gif
Women can be mean! An AZ DPS Trooper took one lady up on her offer to have sex with him to forget the ticket; soon after they had sex she hurried to a Hospital to have a 'rape kit' done. Good bye, Trooper!
cool.gif

Sam, I remember that case, man, a guy stupid enough as that some how slipped through the cracks in the hiring process. I'm sure he's not the only guy to have his life ruined by that broad. Never stick it in crazy!

Quote:you guys were responsible for creating the critter we know as "The Bi-Polar Woman Nope,,, That's due to a Hormonal Imbalance, usually referred to as PMS (Pass My Shotgun)..
lol.gif

thumbup.gif
Thanks for the advice, but it is too late for me! My spouse is bi-polar but she takes her meds!!!
thumbup.gif

GOOD HUNTING!
thumbup.gif

Then there was the other Trooper who at his initial appearance was asked by the Judge why he had been found with 300 pounds of MJ in the trunk of his unmarked car. He said, "Your honor, I had to sell marijuana to pay for my wife's 'crack' habit!
thumbup.gif

NOT the best excuse I have ever heard! LOL!

In ARIZONA it's the temperature that finally gets you! LOL!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Wow , looks like I started a fire thanks for all the comments, some strange some not so strange. interesting, I was really expecting that I would get a lot of anti-cop comments,

thumbup.gif
Slugs, bird shot, or buck for your shotgun, Sir? I worked with a guy who was covering the back door on a Warrant Detail. When the guy ran out the back door, Mike started shooting him with his shotgun stepping forward after every shot. You guessed it; when Mike was about to be so close he could'nt miss, the PERP raised his hands in the Universal Symbol of surrender! Of course, all the REMF's said he should have finished him off, but there were Officers from another Agency behind him and they would have testified honestly and Mike would be in the joint. He did the right thing!
thumbup.gif

Good Hunting!
thumbup.gif

Quote:Wow , looks like I started a fire thanks for all the comments, some strange some not so strange. interesting, I was really expecting that I would get a lot of anti-cop comments, Chas06, You have to realize that when you make an observation about a career, especially on a board that is populated by active and retired LEOs, you will draw all kinds of comments...Most of us have had a variety of experiences outside of the normal perspectives of the everyday life situations..

I definitely know what you're talking about. I've lived in some small towns in PA and have come across some officers that are a disgrace. I should have been more specific in my post. This thread was referring to State Troopers and I would say that in PA they are pretty good. There are some corrupt State Troopers as well as local ones, but the PA State Police are not too terrible. Try driving through New Jersey some time, a big difference!!

Quote:Troopers why dont you run radar on the reservation or maybe look to show your presence to maybe prevent a crime, NNOOOO you are glorious meter maids.I don't know about NY, but most places law enforcement on the rez by anyone other than than the rez police or feds doesn't work so well.

Quote:Wow , looks like I started a fire thanks for all the comments, some strange some not so strange. interesting, I was really expecting that I would get a lot of anti-cop comments,So you started the thread to try to solicit negative comments about cops?

That's about the strangest comment I've seen in a while.

Back