South family update (updated again)

Thank you very much for this update.
The South family has been in my thoughts/prayers.

I wish that I could help out the fine folks here who are donating proceeds from sales to Byron's family...but, I'm very embarrassed to admit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif...right now things are even too tight for me to do that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

I know, first-hand, how hospital bills can add up quickly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
But, I don't think it's appropriate for me to elaborate at this time.

I will continue to do what I feel I can do for the family...which is to continue to pray for them.

Hey Guys,

Just got off the phone with Byron, sounds like they had a pretty rough night. Reagans pulse began to drop and her BP went up, signs of rising pressure on the brain. Sometime last night they placed a pressure relieving device in Reagans skull, to relieve the pressure on the brain. Reagan was also put into a chemical induced coma. She was already pretty much in a Coma, but she seemed restless and moved pretty regular with sharp movements of her legs or arms. The medicine will let Reagan fully relax, and give her body all its energy to fight the infection, instead of muscle movement. They have included a new medications, but as of yet they have not seen a change in Reagans condition. Teams of Drs. are still working hard to try and figure out what is going on, but as of yet have no further info than yesterday.

Keep the prayers coming guys,

Todd

Todd,

thanks again for the update, we will be sending Prayers often.....

Let us all hope and pray that things will get better for Reagan and the South family....

Scott

Todd, do they have insurance? I know it is not a question that they really care about right now(I wouldn't if I was in their shoes) but depending on that everyone might need to think of ways to generate money for their bills in the near future. Again, I know they can worry about that later but that funding might be something people can get rolling right now without any help from the family. Examples: predator hunts, donations, fur sales or any number of other things.

Our prayers are still with you!

I can only imagine the fear and anguish that the South's are experiencing. My thoughts and prayers will be with them all.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
Rustydog

Thanks much for the update and my prayers are still with the whole family also. This is, by far, the best forum I have ever been on. The people on here are just super. Though I have never met any of you, everyone on here feel like family. The response to Reagan's needed prayers are great. God bless all of you.

I wish I had the ability to write something insperational that would be of help or relief, but I don't. I do know prayers are heard and answered so I'll add mine to the group.

It sounds like Raegan is battling bacterial meningitis. We need to pray harder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Last edited:
Man...I've been busy at work and have just read about this. I know from my own experience with my son that God can heal Byron's daughter and He still performs miracles all of the time. Also, I know that the medical attention she is receiving at Children's is among the very best in the country.

Prayers are going up for her and the rest of the family and I will pass this on for others to pray. Let's pray for healing for that sweet little girl, peace that surpasses all understanding for Byron and the rest of the family, and that God would guide the minds and hands of the medical team that is caring to her.

God Bless you guys,

Rusty

Quote:
It sounds like Reagan is battling bacterial meningitis. We need to pray harder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I didn't want to say it, but since you already did....when the wife read this, that was her prognosis. But then again, it's hard to diagnose from long distance. I hope and pray it's something much easier to treat.

"It sounds like Reagan is battling bacterial meningitis. We need to pray harder."

Actually guys, the tests they have run have no shown evidence of Meningitis. Thats part of the problem, they are not quite sure what they are treating as of yet. It has been while since I have spoke with Byron, but earlier in the day they had not yet found the cause. I will post any updates as I get them.

Alright, I just got off of the phone with Byron. The Drs told them today that when they placed the pressure relieving device in Reagans skull there was less pressure than they had first thought. They described the swelling as being within normal limits, but on the high end of the scale. They also opted to sedate Reagan with pain meds to keep her comfortable, instead of placing her in a Chemical induced coma. They are still yet to come up with a hard dignosis. They know its an ifection in her brain likely brought on by a virus, but the specifics just arent here yet. There were several teams of Drs stop by and review Reagans condition. Byron describes the chain of events as much the same as last time, everyone was scratching their heads, then she just woke up. It was on the 4th day last time, and we are nearing that time again. I hope and pray that history repeats itself.

Todd

Last edited:
Back