so who likes to hunt with pellet rifles here???

I love to hunt with air rifles...

GEDC0510.jpg

GEDC0512-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Ed EhrismanI also hunt small game with airguns and am a hardcore springer fan. I think I might see some members here from GTA also getting pred hunt tip's here. This look's like a super Pred forum for getting a better handle on predator hunting, happy I found this place. Ed

I too am a member of GTA. Welcome to Predator Masters. I have several but my go to rifle for yard sniping varmints is my RWS Diana 48 .22 cal with the T06 trigger. Rats,squirrels, starlings, crows and my favorite the English Sparrow don't stand a chance.
wink.gif

I have been enjoying my Beeman Air Rifle for a little over a year with the .22 bbl on it. Never tried the .177 bbl until the other day. Holy cow!! Not only is it more accurate but punches through 1/2" plywood like it was paper. Why is that? I would figure that a PBR pellet going 1000fps would out shine the .177 lead pellet going 1000fps but the .22 breaks the back of the plywood and the .177 punches through........what are the pros and cons of the different calibers?

the 177 penetrates deeper due to less frontal diameter and greater velocity. the 22 still has better killing power on animals larger than birds. i do ALL of my small game hunting with air guns. i assume you meant PBA ammo? if so, DO NOT use that stuff in your beeman. you will burn your seal and break your mainspring. it's too light and lets the piston slam into the front of the compression cylinder and any of the "supersonic" alloy pellets are a gimmick because velocity sells. usually never accurate, and even when it is, lead will be moreso. in 177 stay away from anything lighter than 7 grains and 22 nothing lighter than about 13grains. your gun will last longer and you will be more accurate.

I am not very educated on Air Rifles and your information was very helpfull.....And yes, I meant PBA ammo. I will make sure I stay away from the light pellets and get rid of the PBA. Thanks again and Happy Hunting.

Tony

I am a airgun hunting fool! I just bought a Jack haley 308 cal for coyotes this thing is the most accurate rifle I own 1 1/2" group at 100 yards with plenty power to take a coyote that far. My small game air rifles are both maurader's one in 22 and the other in 25. I prefer hunting with air power more than powder burner.

I use a Flying Dragon QB78 with TKO shroud. Wouldn't call it hunting though. Just shooting rabbits and squirrels out of the garden : )

I use a Gamo CFX .177 with Predator Poly Mags and a Benjamin NPXL 1100 .22 with JSB Exact Jumbo Heavys.
I installed the GRT III trigger on the XL 1100 and it shoots great. I go to war with the gray and red squirrels over my wifes bird feeders!

WOW Dan, those are some awesome pictures!

This is what the .22 XL 1100/JSB Jumbos do to squirrels at 35 yds.

8.jpg

airgun.jpg

I've been thinking about it since a week or so ago when I saw someone kill a wild hog with one on television. I didn't even know there were pellet guns that powerful out there. Does anyone know some good models for me to look up on line to get me started looking? A silent hunt would last a lot longer than the ones with my AR.

Wow, that was great! That might be the one. I never knew there were pellet guns powerful enough to do that. Where did you hit that hog?

between the eyes... didn't even have to use a second shot... those Sumatra air rifles are powerful... would get rid of mine for love nor money...

Back