Send it

Duhhh

Took one more run at calling today before I hang it up. Couldn’t get anything to commit all morning so I had some fun in a prairie dog town and got my dope dialed in with my new range finding binos.

I decided I would mud bog into one last area that I haven’t touched all season. I’m not a fan of this hill side because it’s thick with trees and the coyotes usually side hill it to the call before I can see them. It’s also extremely steep and is a pain to climb up and down.

I hung the call up in a tree and climbed down the side to find a clearing. Found a couple small trees to brace myself from sliding down the hill side.

About 15 minutes in I caught a coyote busting down the hill to my right. He came into about 50 yards but I couldn’t see him until he started running away. He showed back up about 400 yards away and didn’t stop until 685 yards. He stopped with his butt directly towards me and was looking back at me. Got a quick range and dope on him from the range finding binos and dialed up. Held .2 mills for wind and put the reticle right on the base of his head/neck before I touched the Tikka off.

He freakin dropped instantly!!! That little 53grain vmax hit exactly where I put the crosshair.

On The first picture, the coyotes just about at the bottom tip of my suppressor (just above that snow). In the second picture you can see the coyote laying just to the left of the bottom portion of the 5 displayed at the top of the range finder display.

And with that, I’m happy to end my season.
IMG_7169.jpeg
IMG_7172.jpeg
IMG_7176.jpeg
IMG_7179.jpeg

Helluva nice shot. That rifle is sexy as hell. Tell me about your new binoculars. I am still using a regular range finder (SIG).

Helluva nice shot. That rifle is sexy as hell. Tell me about your new binoculars. I am still using a regular range finder (SIG).
Thanks! I got the vortex furry 5000 with the onboard AB. So far it’s much faster than a stand alone range finder and a ballistics app. The only thing I need to get better with is calibrating for wind.

My one complaint and it’s a small compliant, the data readout for my dope takes about 3-4 seconds. Sometimes that feels like an eternity. So far it’s been very accurate after I trued it up though.

Nice way to end your season. Also like you rifle, what cal and bullet.
It’s a factory tikka 22-250 in a KRG Bravo chassis. Shooting handloaded 53grain Vmax but will be switching to the 62 ELD VTs after shooting some of them today.

Took one more run at calling today before I hang it up. Couldn’t get anything to commit all morning so I had some fun in a prairie dog town and got my dope dialed in with my new range finding binos.

I decided I would mud bog into one last area that I haven’t touched all season. I’m not a fan of this hill side because it’s thick with trees and the coyotes usually side hill it to the call before I can see them. It’s also extremely steep and is a pain to climb up and down.

I hung the call up in a tree and climbed down the side to find a clearing. Found a couple small trees to brace myself from sliding down the hill side.

About 15 minutes in I caught a coyote busting down the hill to my right. He came into about 50 yards but I couldn’t see him until he started running away. He showed back up about 400 yards away and didn’t stop until 685 yards. He stopped with his butt directly towards me and was looking back at me. Got a quick range and dope on him from the range finding binos and dialed up. Held .2 mills for wind and put the reticle right on the base of his head/neck before I touched the Tikka off.

He freakin dropped instantly!!! That little 53grain vmax hit exactly where I put the crosshair.

On The first picture, the coyotes just about at the bottom tip of my suppressor (just above that snow). In the second picture you can see the coyote laying just to the left of the bottom portion of the 5 displayed at the top of the range finder display.

And with that, I’m happy to end my season. View attachment 7024View attachment 7025View attachment 7026View attachment 7027
good wind call, great shot man!

i have a pr of glasses just for hunting, shooting, woods walking, etc that had a very narrow bifocal so l don’t have to keep tilting my head and have no trouble seeing where l am putting my feet. It is only about 5/16” tall. Wouldn’t want to read much with it but works fir the phone and such

Thanks! I got the vortex furry 5000 with the onboard AB. So far it’s much faster than a stand alone range finder and a ballistics app. The only thing I need to get better with is calibrating for wind.

My one complaint and it’s a small compliant, the data readout for my dope takes about 3-4 seconds. Sometimes that feels like an eternity. So far it’s been very accurate after I trued it up though.

It’s a factory tikka 22-250 in a KRG Bravo chassis. Shooting handloaded 53grain Vmax but will be switching to the 62 ELD VTs after shooting some of them today.
The 62’s shoot better for you or what?

The 62’s shoot better for you or what?
I haven’t shot a lot of them yet but so far they’ve produced good groups and the higher BC will outperform past 300 yards.

I’ve got nothing against the 53grainers though. Just trying something different.

I haven’t shot a lot of them yet but so far they’ve produced good groups and the higher BC will outperform past 300 yards.

I’ve got nothing against the 53grainers though. Just trying something different.
Cool! Yea I currently shoot the 53’s and love them

Back