Seat/Chair. What does everyone find to be the best?

Has anyone tried the Alps Outdoors grand slam turkey vest? It has a metal frame with a kickstand back rest. I'd like to know if you can reach back into the bird pouch and pull out an E-call while wearing it? It's a pain having to take off a back pack to get to the call when you have an AR slung across your front and over the back pack straps.
I also like that the seat pad just flips up and secures with magnets.
The Alps is spendy but I have Cabelas points burning a whole in my pocket.
I have one that I have used and bought one for my Son as well. I’m pushing 78 and the seat is way better then the ground and the back support is great. I won’t hunt without it.

I mainly night hunt which means I'm standing and shooting off of a tripod. I consider myself blessed, in good health and decent shape (workout) and just sit on the ground.

I too call at night, but at 77 standing gets tough on the legs in a short time. Although I can see better standing, I can shoot better off my tripod seated. Here is the chair I've been using about 3 seasons now. Since we ride in on electric bikes, we don't have to carry equipment. This seat weighs a little under 10 lbs., but works well with our method of hunting. I did have to loc-tite the bolt that hold the rotating head.

Know what you mean about standing, Owen; that went way back when, along with sitting on the ground! That looks like a very well built chair. Ever since I was dumped very close to some prickly pear on a tripod due to one leg breaking through soft sand into a gopher hole, I like 4 legs. While a bit heavier than your tripod, this one looks like a real dandy for that soft sand.

I think you may very well be correct on the 4 legs. In my case, riding in on the bike I need something that folds more compactly. I like the big feet on the model I have which keeps it from sinking badly on softer dirt, but I agree that 4 legs will be more stable than 3.

Yes, I noticed that; the one that dumped me was a cheap one & just had crutch tips on the legs so much more prone to sinking in soft ground. The tripods do fold more compactly.

While I love my tripod stools more than once I've been dumped on the ground by one leg sinking into a hidden gopher tunnel or soft sand/dirt. I do prefer the three legged stool without a back for firearms calling mostly as it is lighter and I don't stay on a stand long enough to bother my back. I do like the back on a stool when calling with a bow as it gives me some extra support, with a rifle I have the sticks, a bow is offhand even sitting.

Back