Schrades on parade.......

I'm glad I am not the only one that loves the old Scrade knives I have a few when I found out the plant closed I bought as many Made in America knives I could find

Love Schrades. Have a trapper that I use for skinning coyotes. Lost the one I inherited from my Dad before he died so I had to buy another. Have 3 folders, one with a staghorn handle that I have never used. My favorite is a fixed blade that I use for elk hunting. Will go through the brisket of an elk and I have never had to touch it with a stone. Just steel it and it is ready to go again. Scary sharp. I have never seen another knife like it. Has a cheap wooden handle as it was a sales promotion knife that I acquired in a trade. I have dropped it in the belly cavity when I am in the middle of gutting an elk and have had to very gingerly feel around for it in a pool of blood. I would bet my life on that knife's performance. Have always wanted a Golden Spike, but could never pull the trigger because I don't know what I would use it for. Heck, I don't use most of my knives anyway.

2muchgun, I saw your other post on the Opinel knives. They were always interesting to me, but since they were French I thought they were a "tree huggers" knife. Used mainly for slicing cheese with wine and crackers. Will now have to buy one.

I just bought another. This one is a bit larger with 4" blade, 9" open. I felt the same way you did, but I actually like the dang things now. The carbon steel blades take a wicked edge and the price is right. I paid $8 bucks for this one. Have a whopping $20 invested in the 2. Hard to go wrong IMO. It's not like they are the crappy chinkwanese steel that I won't waste $1 on.....

Here's another. One of their best all around patterns IMO. 154OT Sharpfinger.

This one still has factory edge on it and is starting to develop a slight patina. The "wide" looking edge is just the light. Crappy pic.....

6DE97E88-A7C4-48CE-AC19-BE448D841D48-266-00000035D261F442.jpg

My daily pocket knife is an old Schrade 3 blade carbon steel that holds a mighty fine edge pretty well. I got it as a gift back in 87 and will probably retire it soon and replace with an old NIB Hen & Rooster, solingen steel. When I got the Schrade I retired a very old Case bone handle with not much blade left that I carried for probably 20 yrs. My knife is the first thing I put in my pocket every morning.

Just picked this one on top left up. Other 2 blue bone ones are also 100 yr anniversary models that never made it into circulation. They were bought at the auction when the plant closed. One never even got the etch put on the blade. I had another (my bud now owns) that never got a shield or etch. They are pretty rare........

6B19F158-9139-412C-8723-427F6C80CF8C-159-00000008CD024267_zps89c129d0.jpg

069BB178-333A-40C8-A145-88DE77B71371-159-00000008D836DEF2_zpseb2123fa.jpg

79B6F4FF-5C75-4F44-9915-7A16692BBC3D-159-00000008E20A7827_zps65028c66.jpg

My father was a huge Schrade knife fan and had several in his collection. Just a few of note he had the big fixed blade model that was guaranteed AGAINST LOSE. Basically in was serial numbered and had paperwork with that stated they would replace the knife if you lost it. I will post pictures when I go pick it up next week. He also had several folders that were inspection knife with a long thin straight blades used for Fruit/vegetable inspection.

Last edited:
I worked for Schrade for the last of their 13 years and now work part time at Canal Street Cutlery. We do make some knives with 1095 in them. Give them a call 845-647-9500 and ask them.
Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: 2muchgun
C14EA946-A98C-4562-8FA9-FC5E54EB1BA0-137-0000001C415775EA.jpg

Now that's impressive!!!
My little 3OT ain't near that pretty, but I've had it forever and put it through he11. It's a miracle the tip isn't broke cause I know I tried. LOL

Love them Schrades, and their predecessor "Canal Street".
I've been ripped on for saying it, but I think Canal Street makes a better (and more consistant) knife than GEC.
I just wish they'd use 1095 steel.

Here are some of my Schrade knives. I've got a small collection going but nothing like 2muchguns. The sharp finder is a 152, the bottom folder is a 6ot, the middle folder is a 125ot, the one with the box is a 3ot and the unopened one is a 34ot. I love Schrade, its too bad they moved to china though. I wish I could get my hands on some more that are made in the U.S.
108_1091.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I actually just picked up another 152 OT Sharpfinger and 160 OT.

I now think I have at least one (or more)of all the OT fixed blades that I want. Some are users, and some are "savers".

Schrade knives made some of the most sensible, useable fixed blade patterns of anyone IMO. All are very tough, dependable, working man's knives. Very good factory sheaths also.

I prefer the carbon blades over the SS by a wide margin.......

Well I dug through another drawer today and ended up pulling these out. Figured I'd wipe 'em down. Then I decided a Schrade family portrait wouldn't be a bad idea.

This is most of my Schrade fixed blades with a few folders tossed in. I have dozens more folders though. Never mind the dryer. Seemed like a good wipe-down spot at the time
grin.gif

41517F08-83DC-493D-922B-CB309EA72A0F-278-000000DE93A91262_zpsa34f102b.jpg

Nice!
Big Schrade fan here. They're about all I owned till I was in my 30's.

Tell us about that little lock back in the lower left corner.
I've had one similar to it for years. Carried it daily for about 20yrs. Still do occasionally. It's a great little knife but I like the scales on yours better.

tk86.jpg

Back