Savage Model 11 204 Ruger value and thoughts

Already bought it, just haven't got to shoot it yet. LOL bought its big brother Saturday at a gun show but this one is the old style 110 "Tactical" long action heavy barrel in 308. I got it from a friend that had a table at the show. I have some much brass and bullets for 308 it seemed kinda wrong not having one. Had a nice scope setting, doing nothing, that went right on it. Haven't shot it either. But I will sooner or later.

I shot an old Savage 110S for HP MS in the late 70s early 80s, great rifle, traded it for S&W model 34 4".

I shot the 204 today. First few rounds to get on paper (with the ammo that came with it). Nothing to write home about but decent. Then some 39 grain BK's. Very disappointing but the TC didn't like them either and I only had 5 rounds of it. Then my 32 grain V-Max. It did pretty well with them considering they are loaded for the TC and not the Savage. Three different groups and all under an inch with one group just larger than a half inch. even being a 204, it warmed the barrel up pretty quick and made 5 round groups open up, so I just shot 3 round groups. I did shoot a 4 round group with the factory stuff, (unknown at this time), and three were really good but the fourth shot opened the group up but still hovered around an inch. It tells me there is accuracy there, I just have to find it. I did replace the Nikon with a Bushnell 3200 5x15. Still hard to see those little 20 caliber holes at 100yds on a dark target.

Back