Run and gun ,first of the year !!

Tim Neitzke

Well we got a nice little snow on Sat,but it came to late and all the yotes had done their traveling for the day. My friend Brad and I decided to do a little calling,but had no luck.

The area had a couple local yotes that had been seen many times in the last week. They had been trying to get some of the land owners chickens and ducks.

Sunday morning the snow was almost gone, I'd say 1/4" left and proly only 50% coverage. I hit the road and managed to find 3 yote tracks leading into the area close to the farm with the birds and live stock. So I got the gang around and we did a push in the brush area only to get one yote on the run. Tracking was very slow due to the thin snow,but with some time Brad and I tracked it up and got it going again. Infact I had to pass on the shot as I jumped it to close to some houses, was toteing a shotgun too. The yote busted out in the open and managed to run 2 miles before taking cover in a ditch. Well since I was on foot I was the last to make it to where the yote was seen last. The guys put the squeeze on ,only come up empty ! What the heck I thought , you guys let it get away after I walked 2 miles !
After a bit of back tracking we came upon the track and followed it to the ditch . With my bud Odie watching over me with his shotgun , I jumped down in the grassy ditch checking for undercuts in the bank,holes etc. Found it hunkered down in the the bottom of the ditch and it was only 5-6' away ! So I eased out my 22 revolver from my pack and gave it one in the head . Yote 0 hunters 1, Woohoo !!

Now all I have to do is get it skinned. Hopefully , my painful leg craps will go away soon so I can. Man the first long walk (4- 4 1/2 miles total) of the season is a killer on me...lol

Thanks for reading.
I moved 3 times tryin to keep the blood out of the pic, but the CCI MiniMag Hp, really had it leakin.....
IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Nice work, Tim! Glad you could break your legs in on fairly bare ground. Several inches would be a first hunt killer even on a stud like you!
wink.gif

Heck of a good day for you and your gang, Tim. Good job tracking!

Nice, copper colored, yote.

I didn't read if it were a male, or female? What it weigh in at?

Originally Posted By: tt35Nice work, Tim! Glad you could break your legs in on fairly bare ground. Several inches would be a first hunt killer even on a stud like you!
wink.gif

Well first Off Congrats on the Handgun kill
smile.gif

But Man someone thinks Tim is a STUD....
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
... Lol

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI'm workin on the stud part, I've lost 25#'s since Sept !
grin.gif

Thanks to the New Job
wink.gif

that is a Nice Coyote! you get a chance to weigh it yet?

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke
I moved 3 times tryin to keep the blood out of the pic, but the CCI MiniMag Hp, really had it leakin.....

Good Job Tim

I hear ya on the Mini Mag's.
I love em for hunting and buy allot of em because they happen to shoot well in all of my 22's, but switched to shorts for trapped critters.
Have fun cleaning the blood off that pelt.
tongue.gif

Got the yote skinned and washed . Dried it out some and into the freezer for now. My fur buyer doesn't like the brown ones,so I'll prolly get it tanned and sell it.

The CCI MMs are my all time fav 22lr brand.

Back