RS caller upgrade

Open call to you electronics gurus...
biggrin.gif

Can someone send me a list of components to make one of these? Being an unskilled electronic kinda guy, it needs to be detailed..ie: parts numbers, names etc.

I'd really appreciate it, buying an elec. caller is one thing, but like hand calls, calling a critter in with something you made is very interesting. I'll send you a fruit cake or something
biggrin.gif

CoyoteUgly@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!
Bob

I still can't seem to get a good, quality sound using my RCA DVR and the RS amp. I even hooked up my JS medium range speaker to the outfit and it still doesn't sound great compared to the tape plugged into my JS e-caller. I'm thinking that CD's will be the next step. Either use the calling CD's direct or have the CD quality sound recorded into my DVR. I'm just getting too much hiss and distortion using tapes.

Rusty

TO Rusty Holt
Is it possible to mail or transfer those wav. files to someone via e-mail. I was wondering if it is possible to do because I am trying to build a caller too, and I will be using a cd player. If it is possible I could make a cd w/ my burner. Just curious. Thanks.

Yes, you can e-mail .wav files. You just have to pay attention to copyright laws when it comes to that sort of stuff. I'm not up to speed on the details of the laws, but I would err to the side of caution when sending copyrighted sounds.

Hope this helps!

Rusty

Hey I've been reading about this homemade E- caller and it sounds like a great idea. I have a question, instead of using a tapeplayer, mp3 player or regular cd player could you use one of the new cd,mp3 players that come with a remote control? Has anyone tried this? I wondered how much range the remote has. I believe you can purchase one of these for 60 or 70 bucs. Thanks

Hey guys,

I've been reading all this stuff about RS parts to make a caller, sure sounds like a great idea! Many of us are using homemade units so I thought I'd show you mine.

The "Toolbox" is a 30 watt per channel car stereo and two 6v Panasonic 5ah batteries in series. I has a lighter plugin to run my nightlight and I use an old cellphone charger(12v bag phone type)to charge the batteries. The horns are 8" 25w metal units from "Speco" http://www.starkelectronics.com. This baby really cranks! I can play tape or plug a CD or MP3 player into it ,too. I burned my own stereo CD's by offsetting tracks from my "JS" and "Circe" tapes. Total package is a little heavy but really sounds great and only cost me about $90.

The small black box is a 2watt, 9v, mono amp mounted in a RS parts box. I plug my CD player in one side and the smaller 15W speaker in the other side. Very light and loud, too. The amp came from a Kareoke toy from a yard sale for $1! Total cost about $20 with 5"Speco brand horn and all parts.

"Fluffy" the decoy was $1 at that same yard sale.

You can go lots of different ways and get the job done, so keep posting ideas! Nikonut

caller1.jpg

[This message has been edited by Nikonut (edited 01-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Nikonut (edited 01-22-2002).]

Say newbie glad to have ya here. I am only about 1.5 hours away fom you over in Texas. You go through Logansport across the bridge and into Texas and hang a left at the nu way store and then a left at the next intersection. That takes you to huxley which is where I do all my hunting......... James L.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

James Lindley,
Thanks for the welcome. I am new to Shreveport and am not really familiar with the surrounding areas. I am trying to learn though. I have just finished building my e-caller and trying to find some sort of cd that will attract coyotes. I am new to the sport (newbie) and cannot wait to call in my first coyote. Thanks again.

This is a look at my setup in the field. Crude maybe, but it works! Shooting rest is an old tripod with a padded aluminum plate attached. I don't need to carry stuff to far to most of my stands or I would probably downsize things. The real truth is I'm just cheap! Rifle is Ruger MK77 VT in 22PPC. Nikonut

coyote2001.5.jpg

I just got my RCA 5007A DVR in the mail today. It's like a different world compared to that Olympus DVR. This one is clear as a bell. I recorded the piss-ant little dogs behind us and it sounded great. I also recorded some sounds off the net and they are clear as a bell. No fuzz, no hiss and no static.
Rich and others with the 5008 model, I can't tell ya' what the problem is now. I recorded all of these sounds off the computer with stereo to stereo connection.
I bought this DVR off of e-bay for 25.88 plus 6 bucks shipping. I'm taking that POS DVR back on Saturday and getting my 60 bucks back.
Good luck, y'all! I'm set. Now all that's left is to call something with it. That should happen Saturday night.

------------------
Bye y'all
yotewalk.gif

B. Pierce

Smart media card question,

I have the model 5007a RCA. It said on the package that the card was upgradable from the 4MB (that came with the dvr) to a 8MB.

My question is this.... Would anything bigger then an 8MB work? I was thinking something like the 32MB or even the 64MB. That way I can put ALL of my sounds on there in HQ mode. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ryan

Back