Red dot?

How many of you run a red dot? I have an AR with a red dot that shoots well out to 100 yards. I would use the rifle when hunting in the woods or semi-open areas. Also, do you have a 3X magnifier on it and how do you like hunting at night or low light with the red dot? What do you consider a good 5 shot group with your AR and red dot at 100 yards?

Last edited:
i put a millet dms-1 on my ar with good results over a standard red dot. I need the slight magnification for accuracy. My aimpoint sits on a s&W mp-15 22lr

eotech works for me
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Hail CaesarEoTech's have a 1 MOA center dot.

About 1/3 MOA (single pixel).

If you set the reticle intensity high, it may bloom and look bigger than 1 MOA.

I have an eotech 512 with a 3x mag and it truley is a sweet system. I have it on my 6.8 and am getting sub MOA with the 110 sierra pro hunter and the 90 TNT...shots at 200 are hard though and that is my limit with this kind of optic.

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerOriginally Posted By: Hail CaesarEoTech's have a 1 MOA center dot.

About 1/3 MOA (single pixel).

If you set the reticle intensity high, it may bloom and look bigger than 1 MOA.

Thank you, I knew it was small and could be uses for a bit of precision.

Al

Bought a vortex to see how I liked the red dot. I love it for close work but would like the magnifier to be a little better. It narrows the field of view greatly and I can no longer shoot both eyes open with it. That's just moving shots that its a concern. Other than that I love it and have hit 2 at around 150 yds of the 3 I've shot at. My running yote hits have went up considerably

Originally Posted By: wisconsinteacherHow many of you run a red dot? I have an AR with a red dot that shoots well out to 100 yards. I would use the rifle when hunting in the woods or semi-open areas. Also, do you have a 3X magnifier on it and how do you like hunting at night or low light with the red dot? What do you consider a good 5 shot group with your AR and red dot at 100 yards?

utf-8BU3dlZXRsYW5kLTIwMTExMDEzLTAwNTAyLmpwZw.jpg

Built it for close encounters, 50yds to 100, works well but miss seeing out further so I'm changing it. Also 5 shots at 100 is almost like shooting a mini-14 with a scope IMO...

i just sold my Leatherwood CMR 1-4X and replaced it with an EoTech XPS2-0. It just came in yesterday so I haven't had time to try it yet, but just looking through it, I think it will be great. I do plan on putting a 3X magnifier behind it in a flip to the side mount.

i have an EOTECH and an Aimpoint. both are excellent quality, but i favor the EOTECH reticle. seems to adapt to moving targets alot better due to the 65MOA ring around the outside

Personally I prefer Aimpoint Comp M4S due to its single dot reticule. The eotech's are good red dot's but the reticule always seems to mess me up when im shooting at distance( rather have my eyes focus on one dot). The M4S has the longest battery life of any red dot Ive seen on the market(more than 5 years) and is a very well put together red dot.

Back