Pulsar Digex C50

soup

Gents,
I'm wondering if anyone is using the above NV scope?
I just ordered a Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech in an 8 twist .243, my game plan A is to
mount the C50 on it. I know most of you seasoned coyote hunters use thermal and I do have a Berings scanner, but not a thermal scope.
Since I haven't got a coyote yet before I spend another couple of grand " I've got to dance with the girl that brung me"!
Are they easy to work? I'm an old guy-came home from the war in 1970, try to explain things slow.
Thank you in advance for your time, help and consideration.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

I've never used the Pulsar, but I just don't see how it can be worth 2x the price of other night vision scopes. I have an older ATN that I have had for years and it's done everything I have needed it to do. For this past Christmas my gf bought me a RIX t20 to replace the old ATN and I love it. Unfortunately, it did started having issues and is now waiting to be repaired or replaced under warranty. However, RIX is a new company so I won't hold it against them this time. They also seem to be standing behind their products and taking care of the customers that are having issues.

Personally, before I'd spend $1,300 on NV I would go ahead and save up another grand and buy a RIX leap 3.

The C50 is easy to use, very similar to the Thermion. I have both. The menus within the scope are rather extensive, but you don't necessarily need all the functions. You will need a better light than what comes with the scope. I have a Wicked light and Coyote Cannon. Both lights are the same light wise (to my eyes) but I like the Wicked better due to the mount. The mount allows adjustment of the light so the brightest area is in the center of the scope.

The PARD is a better NV scope than the C50. I own and use both. I may add another PARD to the stable.

The C50 really shines as a low light, evening and early morning scope utilizing the "some light" mode. If you're a deer hunter trying to squeeze the first and last minutes out of the day, the C50 will extend your hunting hours. Solely as a NV scope I think Pulsar missed the mark on this one. Image at night is grainier than it should be. It is a very heavy scope. Mine has found a home on a PCP airgun where the wider FOV is useful.

Personally, before I'd spend $1,300 on NV I would go ahead and save up another grand and buy a RIX leap 3.
Nighttime only, I agree 100%. But sometimes I miss having a daytime digital. Can be used for a lot of different things when not coyote hunting. Used to get a lot of good woodchuck videos. Fun to watch the impact with the 300 BO subs.

Nighttime only, I agree 100%. But sometimes I miss having a daytime digital. Can be used for a lot of different things when not coyote hunting. Used to get a lot of good woodchuck videos. Fun to watch the impact with the 300 BO subs.
I agree. I was speaking from a night hunting perspective.

The PARD is a better NV scope than the C50. I own and use both. I may add another PARD to the stable.

The C50 really shines as a low light, evening and early morning scope utilizing the "some light" mode. If you're a deer hunter trying to squeeze the first and last minutes out of the day, the C50 will extend your hunting hours. Solely as a NV scope I think Pulsar missed the mark on this one. Image at night is grainier than it should be. It is a very heavy scope. Mine has found a home on a PCP airgun where the wider FOV is useful.

A few weeks ago PARD had their scopes marked way down, but I couldn't find anyone in the US that carried over the sale.

Here in SC we can shoot deer up to an hour after sunset so you will find a lot of high dollar glass here. About a month ago during a really bright (moon almost full) I switched my RIX over to day mode just to see how good it gathered light in that mode and was amazed.

Back