Predator Thermal Optics

soup

This thermal is the "store brand" of Predator Hunting Outdoors , a company in Attica ,Michigan. They sell all the other name brands also. I don't know who manufacturers the scopes for them, they are competitively priced, but do offer a 5-year warranty.
This would be my first dive in the thermal world, and I'd like to cry once! If anyone has any information pro or con I'd like to hear it.
I do have a Berings thermal scanner which I purchased from this company last year. At the same time I also bought a Pulsar C50 NV, but can't find anyone that uses one for some tips on using it. So, I'm looking into the thermals.
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

"Down South 68-69"

Sure thing, i just took the plunge myself about 6 months ago. I went with Armasight thermals because they are made in USA with no components coming from china. There are lots of communist :sick:(n)thermals out there that are at best packaged (if that) somewhere in the states.

What ranges and terrain do you plan on hunting?
If 200 yards and under and a lot of scanning needed, i would focus more on thermals with high field of view. Lower base mag.
If 300-400 yard possible shooting and positive ID'ing is needed, you will want a thermal with narrower field of view and high pixel density. Higher base mag.

I started with a 6x base mag thermal scope on my AR, hunting out to maximum distances of 300-400 yards. Quickly realized i needed a scanner, which it looks like you already got covered.

Back