Pets

Verminator2

Does anybody here have any pets? Lets see 'em. I have a 13 year old border collie, who just lays in her room and eats stuff. Here she is.
dogs003.jpg

We had another one but she died last year when she was 16.
We had 6 horses, but last year the old one died(30+ years), so now we only have 5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif We used to have 1 fish that died, 2 hamsters that got lost in the house and died.
I was going to do 4-H this year but it didn't work out. Here's last years pig.
Lori0406047.jpg

Does anybody else do 4-H?

We had 2 cats, and one got ran over by a truck, the other one got eaten by the dog, then we got another one that the coyotes got, and finally a wild black cat that so far has survived (no pic of it).
The first one.
Lori0806052.jpg

The second one.
Lori0806016.jpg

The third one.
Lori0806042.jpg

I think we may be a little rough on cats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I have two Springer Spaniels we use for pheasant and duck hunting. They will also kill an varmint if they see one. Their names are Half-Stache and Grommut. I will post pics as soon as I get onto my sisters laptop.

I have two cats named Jew and Hitler.
A cow named Two Hearts. She has a heart inside a heart on her forehead.
I also have a sheep that is named Piece of Woolly Crap. Man I hate sheep with a passion.

I like your Border Collie. Hard workers that dont know when to stop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Later,
Jerrett

Quote:
Hard workers that dont know when to stop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Later,
Jerrett

The other one worked cows a bit and was good at it, but this one's lazy like you wouldn't believe!

Yeah, my dad told me to name them so I thought of Jew and Hitler. Both are males so I figured they would hate eachother. We banded them though so they dont have their junk anymore.

Lazy collie? Is there such a thing!

Later,
Jerrett

My sister has a goofy Weimaraner(pronounced: Why-mer-I-ner), named Scout, who loves to play, tree squirrels/chase wild animals, dig holes, and be fed.

I have a fawn-colored Doberman Pinscher, named Sadie who loves to chase Scout, tree squirrels/chase wild animals, constantly be petted/loved, get hosed down with cold water during these sizzling summer days, and guard our property. Now here me out: no matter what you here, Dobermans are naturally big babies. They bark, even growl at stangers, but as soon as you act like you'll fight back or chase them down they run away and hide at the very back of your property, and I mean the VERY back.

Both our dogs are 6 1/2 years old.

P.S. I think I should be entering my dog into races. She keeps up with our three-wheeler all the way up to 4th gear, somewhere in the neighborhood of around 35-45 mph. You may think I'm lying, but you couldn't be more wrong. I mean she hauls dead out. I just wish you all could see her at a dead sprint.

PlainsRedneckOK,,, From experience, never sell a Doberman short...

I've worked around quite a few in law enforcement over the years and when I was a kid back in the 50's, my dad owned a school bus line up in the Chicago suburbs with 74 busses, a full garage, gas pumps, etc.... His property was surrounded by an 8' security fence with "No Tresspassing" and "Guard Dog" in three languages (Mexicans, Italians, and Polish all around him).

In actuality, there were six German Shepherds and three Dobermans inside the fence at night. The Shepherds would make a routine patrol route around the yard and the Dobermans would lay back under the busses.

One night, two little Mexicans (age 16-17) crawled over the fence to do whatever... The gas pumps were in the middle of lot and the Dobermans let them get about that point before giving pursuit. One of the kids was killed and the other made it to the fence before his legs were chewed so badly that he was left in a wheelchair for life... All this before Dad could get outside to the gate to call them off... The Mexican community raised a little outcry, but Dad took out an ad in the local paper describing the property and warning signs and that was the end of it..... Political Correctness hadn't raised it's ugly head at that time...

It's a fact that a Doberman can bite three times for every one bite from a Shepherd... With the same amount of force.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I have two Huskies and two labs. Oh yeah and two cats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif(I'm not a cat person). The two labs arn't the brightest dogs out there, the younger one jumped out of the back of the truck going 70mph with his leash on. We didn't think they could get to the edge of the truck(they were tied so the shouldn't have), but he got loose and jumped. After alot of stiches and recovery he was fine. The other one, his mom, got hit by a car then walked in front of another one and got hit a second time(her diumb genes were pasted down to 12 puppies).

Verminator my brothers cat looks just like your first one, same size to.

PlainsRedneckOK my older lab is named Sadie.

OldTurtle I bet you didn't have many problems with tresspassing after that.

Oh yeah the cats names are Whiskers and Pumpkin.

Last edited:
Ok, I got the pictures.

Here is Half-Stache in the off season. As you can see he has half a mustache, hence his name Half-Stache.

aminals005.jpg

Here he is with a pheasant two years ago.
stash.jpg

Here is Grommut in the off season when she was pregnant.
aminals007.jpg

Here she is after a day of hunting.
gromutt.jpg

Half-Stache is a son of Grommut. We raise a litter of pups from her every spring. We only have one litter a year so her underside doesnt get all cut up while hunting. Springers are the best family dogs and pheasant dogs. Each one flushes and retrieves upland birds(pheasant, grouse, partridge). They bring the pheasant and drop it at your feet. They are really soft mouthed. Half-stache has gotten one hen pheasant and when he brought her to us he let her go at our feet. When he did that she flew off, thats how soft mouthed they are when it comes to birds. Every pup we sell is guaranteed to hunt and if it doesnt we will give you a pup next year. We havent had one complaint. A couple guys that own pheasant reserves have bought pups from us. The year after they had hunted with them they called us back and wanted more. They said they were the best hunting dogs they have ever seen. All you have to do is teach them how to retrieve. Just throw a stick and they will go get it. Call them to have them bring it to you. They wont let go at first but take it away from them and do it a few more times. After they bring it back consistantly put a piece of cheese in your hand. Throw the stick and when they bring it back grab the stick(but dont pull on it) and give them the cheese with the other hand. They will let go of the stick and eat the cheese. A couple more times of that and they let it go each time they come to you even if you dont have a treat for them.

They will also kill any varmints. They killed two coon while pheasant hunting last year. And this summer two skunks came in the yard. THey chased them down and broke their backs, the skunks didnt even spray. We dont know where they learned to break the backs of the skunks but they did it on both of them. The skunks did not look rabid either.

Later,
Jerrett

I have a bunch chickens to hounds,a lab, two cats,and a cockatiel. Ya dogs can go pretty fast a quick hound can go over 50 miles an hour.

Hunter

I have had ton's of pets.
I have a pack of mountians curs that we ran deer with in South ga.
When i was younger (before 8) my dad bought a cow.It's name was annabell.It was a cool cow it would just staind there and eat all day and night.well anyway the funnie part of the ( annabell) story is that the cow was named after the lady my dad ran off with.anyway I thought it was funny anyway

now I have a pit bull and a dodson and a stinking cat of my wifes.The cat will whip both dogs a -_'s at the sme time make for some late night action when to hot to coon hunt.

Lets see i have a a beagle/basset mix, a rottweiler, a jack russel terrier, 2 cats, 17 turkeys, a couple of fish, and we just got rid of our chickens.

- Brandon

Last edited:
I have my pet donkey otis. Two cats Remington and gunner.Two yellow labs Dobber and Kaos. We had 60 chickens but we butcherd 50. Oh and i had my pet chipmunk Chip. but we let it go free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Luke

Last edited:
OldTurtle,

If you read my post you'll see that my Doberman loves to guard our property, and accepts the role as sort of a sentry. She'll position herself around our yard to where she can see everything that comes, goes, and passes by. And like I said, she loves it because it's natuarlly an instinct to Dobermans and we reward her for barking at people and stray dogs that come on to our property until we come out and see what she's trying to tell us. If you'll look up the history of the Doberman you'll see that they were bred into protecting a tax collector during his rounds. So, therefore, all Dobermans are naturally going to be protective of their owners and territorry. This is one reason why it's know that a Doberman is one of the best dogs to have around young children and infants. They are very in tune with the condition of all things around them. If a grown up is around they know they can be more rough during play with them, whereas, if a child is around they know they have to be more gentle during play. Also, Dobermans are one of the smartest breeds there are. They open doors, solve problems and obstacles that are in their way of where they want to go, learn tricks very easily and quickly, and mine even hunts better than our Weimaraner, a dog bred to hunt upland birds, squirrels, rabbits, chase deer, bear, and mountain lions.
Now, I'm not saying you're wrong about anything. I'm just tryin to point out that your Dobermans were probably less of family dogs than they were guard dogs. Think about it. Your father owned a bus line that had to be protected. They knew it was their duty to be the keepers of their territory. Also, if you look back at what you said previously you'll notice you put down that the Dobermans let the two teen Mexicans get closer to them before attacking. Do you think this was coincidence? I think not. They let them get closer, therefore, allowing themselves to have a better chance at taking down the intruders. And do you remember putting down that they were hinding under the busses? It sounds to me like they were doing like my Doberman: seeing, but not being seen. I'm not saying Dobermans can't be vicious, but they have to be somewhat taught to do so before hand. They're not like other breeds where you can't hardly take out the nastiness in them.
I know this was long, and thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
PlainsRedneckOK

We have an extended family, Grandma, Grandpa, our son and two grand daughters. I just put down our dog after she bit a kid. We were looking for a replacement for the last few months and finally found a puppy we all liked.

Her name is buttons and she's 7 weeks old. Don't know what kind she is, but probably Heinze 57 would be the best description.

Delinda-5.jpg

We have three cats, one old one that lives inside and a couple of shop cats that take care of any mouse problems around the shop and house.

There names are Boots (old inside cat), Baby a small calico and one of her offspring Poo Kitty.

I have a mut named socks and a chocolate lab named Hershey. I tried to take a picture of them but they broke my camera haha not joking it broke when i took a pic. i think the heat got to it.

Those are good dogs Wiskers. They do their job good.

I got 2 cats and a lab. The lab is not trained, our family was moving up north when she would have needed to be trained. So she never anything past sit, stay, come. But she is a great chipmunk dog, just from instinct. Here are a couple pics of her.

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

And next is our spoiled kitten, she's pretty crazy.

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

And the other cat is like 8yrs old. The little girl annoys him ALL-THE-TIME.

IMG_4374.jpg

B2BW

kat.jpg

Thats inappropriate for Predator Masters. You should be ashamed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back