Olympic Arms press release , [beeep] Straight !!!!!!!

Good to hear. This is the first I've heard of any one in the industry making a statement and standing tall. Hope more follow.

That release is very well written and illuminates exactly what is wrong with what NY has done.

I think I need a hat too.

Sendit

As a first responder (NOT FROM NY), I take offense to the position of Olympic, Lerue, and the others. Why wouldn't they want my business just because I am a firefighter/paramedic? Why don't the want business from cops who want to purchase items for personal use? I am sure there are many first responders in the state of NY that love shooting of all types. Why should they be punished and restricted more than they already are? I can see not doing business with government agencies but why individuals?

I fully support the citizens of New York, and hope they can get these laws overturned, but will not support any company that takes this stance.

aren't the LE guys in NY supporting the ban? I am sure the brass have come out in favor of. the rank and file is likely divided to what extent it hard to know.

I think it's time for people to speak up about this and take a stand. sure thing is if we don't, our rights will be swept away one at a time. maybe if the LE community came out against the ban things will be a whole lot different... they need to stand up for what is right just like the next guy.

I respect LE more than the next guy but why should they be able to buy for personal use while an ordinary citizen can't?

Originally Posted By: proff49As a first responder (NOT FROM NY), I take offense to the position of Olympic, Lerue, and the others. Why wouldn't they want my business just because I am a firefighter/paramedic? Why don't the want business from cops who want to purchase items for personal use? I am sure there are many first responders in the state of NY that love shooting of all types. Why should they be punished and restricted more than they already are? I can see not doing business with government agencies but why individuals?

I fully support the citizens of New York, and hope they can get these laws overturned, but will not support any company that takes this stance.

I'm betting they are saying they won't fill contracts with government agencies, not individuals who want to buy a private firearm. They are taking a much needed stand against a state government that is out of control. I don't think you need to take offense and not buy a product from them, instead you should support the company that its doing something for you and me. They will probably lose some money over this, just like the people that pulled out of the outdoors show in pa, but they are standing up for what is right and what they believe.

Originally Posted By: BBsteelDang right. Best of all they supply all the Dtech barrels!

Time to order me up an Oly T-shirt/Hat to wear in support!

Dtech barrels are made by Shilen

I saw this on facebook, and I agree, it is well written and gets down to business fast!!

I would love to see every firearm company do this, great stuff and I back Oly 100%.

Originally Posted By: Shurshotaren't the LE guys in NY supporting the ban? I am sure the brass have come out in favor of. the rank and file is likely divided to what extent it hard to know.

I think it's time for people to speak up about this and take a stand. sure thing is if we don't, our rights will be swept away one at a time. maybe if the LE community came out against the ban things will be a whole lot different... they need to stand up for what is right just like the next guy.

I respect LE more than the next guy but why should they be able to buy for personal use while an ordinary citizen can't?

^^^ agreed!

A large number of LE officers belong to small departments with small budgets. This is the case with my local department. They are allowed to use personal weapons on-the-job. They have guidelines as to what can an can't be used. Many of these firearms are AR's and shotguns. They put them in their car when they go to work and take them in the house when they get home. I don't want to handicap these guys any more than they already are.

Discontent with a law shouldn't be directed at persons singled out by idiot lawmakers. It should be directed at the lawmakers themselves. Instead of losing money with decisions like this, why not sell whatever legal items can be sold and financially support efforts to overturn the law. Not doing business there is exactly what the lawmakers want.

Originally Posted By: proff49A large number of LE officers belong to small departments with small budgets. This is the case with my local department. They are allowed to use personal weapons on-the-job. They have guidelines as to what can an can't be used. Many of these firearms are AR's and shotguns. They put them in their car when they go to work and take them in the house when they get home. I don't want to handicap these guys any more than they already are.

Discontent with a law shouldn't be directed at persons singled out by idiot lawmakers. It should be directed at the lawmakers themselves. Instead of losing money with decisions like this, why not sell whatever legal items can be sold and financially support efforts to overturn the law. Not doing business there is exactly what the lawmakers want.

I can see your issue, but you have to see too, that even though most citizens have all the respect in the world for our police officers, and other FR's, in both duty and as individuals, police represent the "State" as it were, and the fight here is with the "State". Our society only exists as well as it does due to a balance of power. That has been taken away from those citizens in NY by politicians that are protected, in part, by the very guns being banned by the politicians. It is wrong in America the Free, to say, well I up here at the top can have thus and such, but you can't even try. We pay for the protection of our elected "officials", and most of us can't afford to do more for our own protection and at of our property and families than a gun, or a few. The best means of protection has now been reserved for the "State" only, and taken away from those paying the bills. It is time to draw a bunch of hard lines in the sand. It is time to reverse the trends.

Originally Posted By: proff49A large number of LE officers belong to small departments with small budgets. This is the case with my local department. They are allowed to use personal weapons on-the-job. They have guidelines as to what can an can't be used. Many of these firearms are AR's and shotguns. They put them in their car when they go to work and take them in the house when they get home. I don't want to handicap these guys any more than they already are.

In our little city every police car has a m4 in it. I'm sure ny has guns in every car seeing they know how to spend money. Don't get me wrong I think it's good they have the m4 just drives me nuts the other stuff like welfare they overspend on.

From someone who lives in the Nazi state of NY, I am very happy about Olympics stand. Just hope more will join their stance because I dont see them as a big supplier to departments in NY. The quality of their firearms are bottom tier. If Colt and Glock jumped on board that would be huge.

On another note, the NY state Sheriffs Associations have come out against this bill along with a handful of county governments .

Its Cuomos hired guns which were not elected by the people that stand by his side and that would be the upper brass in the State Troopers who supposedly helped him write this bill but were to f'ing stupid to exclude themselves from it.

In my views there needs to be more businesses standing up against this unconstitutional law. Remington moving out would be a step in the right direction especially if they brought their employees with them. Gander and Basspro moving out would be appropriate too. We all know Walmart will bend over and kiss government butt so we cant expect them to help with the cause.

If there is any Manufactures out there reading this, please, please do not sell anything to NY Governmental agencies that the good citizens of NY cant purchase from you too or dont sell them anything at all unless they have came out against this unjust law, such as the NY Sherrifs Assoc.

http://www.nysheriffs.org/articles/sheriffs%E2%80%99-response-ny-safe-act

Originally Posted By: proff49As a first responder (NOT FROM NY), I take offense to the position of Olympic, Lerue, and the others. Why wouldn't they want my business just because I am a firefighter/paramedic? Why don't the want business from cops who want to purchase items for personal use? I am sure there are many first responders in the state of NY that love shooting of all types. Why should they be punished and restricted more than they already are? I can see not doing business with government agencies but why individuals?

First Responders from "NY" is the operative word. You can buy what ever you want, youre not in NY. If you were in NY, you couldn't buy an AR, First responder or not.

Chupa

Well said Oly! It bothers me to know that someone that puts their life on the line with the punch of a time card my be under-equipped. But the fact is they are the same ones enforcing laws made by tyrants. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Last edited:
Mike B I see your point but that's the problem. There are TOO many people just accepting the fact that they can just use or buy what is leagal instead of taking a stand. If we don't stand up for what we beleive then it's just a matter of time before we lay down all together and let the government strip ALL of our rights one law at a time. My hat is off to Oly!!!!

Gret for Oly and I do hope others follow suit. The way that I see it is if your state or city government has passed a law that normal honest citizen can't own or use that type of gun then the police will not be sold that type of gun. It should not matter if you have a small police force and have to buy your own ar to use on the job and then take it home when you are off duty. If I can't have one then the popo can't have one.

Back