Nikon's "Coyote Special" scope review

They are a sponsor here so go to sponsors and you will get a link.Good company I have 4 of those mounts they are top quailty.

Barry
I hunted with Ron Coburn, Savage, Jon Allen, Nikon and Butch English, Mossy Oak in NM. Yes, there is an excellent chance that the "new" package rifle offered by Savage will have the Coyote Special scope on it. The scope will not be available until April at the earliest...I would bet on the first part of June.

Having the chance to hunt, plot and scheme with these three gentlemen was an honor. I do not have to tell you that the companies represented by these men are highly successful. I will tell you that I have finally convinced these gentlemen how rapidly this game is growing and that they should be involved and they are listening. Getting these folks active in predator game will be good for all of us.

Barry tell Barbara "Hello" for me.
Adios
Gary

Gary, she sends her best to you and Deb as well.

I'm very pleased to hear about the meeting you guys had at the hunt. I'm sure that when people realize that preadtor hunting is going the route that turkey hunting did 15 years ago, they will see their profit margin of having dedicated predator products will do nothing but skyrocket in the coming years.

It's great news that we have people like you & Byron that are players for us in the commercial market.

You are right it does us all good.
A step in the right direction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Barry

I wonder if this scope will be in the Buckmaster Scope price range or will they attempt to sell it at the Monarch level?

Byron

Very honest acessment; I am very intrested in one.

Great 3x hunt.

Venatic

Thanks for the heads up.

I sent Forwared this review to several of my friends that are not currently members of PM at this time. I suspect 2 of 3 ratio will join or lerk? Time will tell. Lots of AR - Hunter/Owners in TN. We tend to enjoy the smell of burning powder.

PM-Great Site

Quote:
Venatic

Thanks for the heads up.

I sent Forwared this review to several of my friends that are not currently members of PM at this time. I suspect 2 of 3 ratio will join or lerk? Time will tell. Lots of AR - Hunter/Owners in TN. We tend to enjoy the smell of burning powder.

PM-Great Site

That's what we like to hear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Keep 'em comin'! No need for them to be shy either.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Barry

Kingfisher welcome aboard. Lot of folks around here share that sentiment about the smell of powder so make yourself at home.

I have had one of these on order from a wholesaler that I deal with since feburary 16, still now word on when it will be in. I have a brand new .17 fireball that has been sitting in the corner in my office since then. I am so ready to shoot the rifle. I love this forum

Byron first, thanks for the review. The scope does look nice perched on that rifle of yours. Second, I imagine it does make target acquisition a little faster. Lastly, and without further comment, the groups you posted are what I would expect from such a set up and I imagine it will work for its intended use.

Mr. South; not surprisingly your box is full. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I like the looks of the Accessory Rails on your rifle shown in the Nikon Review here. Are these rails from the UTG MNT-P503? Or ???????

Quote:
They start at $239 for the 3-9x40.

That's do-able. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thats a great price!

I'm interested from those who've used this recticle...

Is it BETTER or FASTER than a standard plex recticle? Or is it just another option to choose from. Probably lots of designs will "work" just fine. But is this a breakthrough or a gimmick?

Also, what about longer shots like 100-200 yards? Assuming you keep your scope on 3x (no time to change the magnification) can you take a shot at 150-ish yards with that big aiming circle recticle? How's a shot like that compare to a standard plex recticle?

Back