New caller advice

Sigpros228

Looking to get back into predator hunting with a focus on coyotes at night and raccoon calling in the day. I know callers have come a long way in the last decade since I bought an electric caller.

What brands and models are user friendly and can have sounds added?

also which callers are easy to operat?

and user friendless?

thanks for any advice

Lots of callers. I think most callers now days have the option to add sounds.

I personally use a Foxpro. Been using an FX5 for many years and more recently a Fusion.

I run foxpro lucky duck and icotec. All work good. Problem is the sounds are not transferrable from 1 to the other. If these sound guys would make their sounds for all callers they would get richer faster.

If night hunting you want a night friendly remote.

I like the X24 from Foxpro, Roughneck from LD, and Nightstalker from Icotech.

This is some good advice on the remotes.

I've had a Primos Alpha Dogg for years and have called in stuff with it, but whenever I bought my FoxPro x24 with MFK sounds, it's on the rare side that I go and don't call in SOMETHING. It may be a cat, coyote, fox, owls, coons, etc.

Right now I am partial to FoxPro because of their exclusive rights to MFK sounds. I've also heard they have really good CS. Now, the down side of the FoxPro to me is adding sounds. In 2024 there's absolutely no reason that loading new sounds on a call should be so complicated and require so many steps.

From what I've seen about the easiest to add sounds to is the ICOtec. Sound quality probably goes to the Lucky Duck.

All of this is for each companies higher end calls....not the "intro" calls.

Can you add sounds to the lucky duck callers? I would like to be able to add sounds. My son is hooked on the lucky duck you tube channel and is ready to go coon calling. I don’t want to cheap out I want a good caller that’s user friendly and easy to add sounds too plus good CS if I should need it

Can you add sounds to the lucky duck callers? I would like to be able to add sounds. My son is hooked on the lucky duck you tube channel and is ready to go coon calling. I don’t want to cheap out I want a good caller that’s user friendly and easy to add sounds too plus good CS if I should need it
Yes, sounds can be added to the Lucky Duck...really easy to do. Purchase the sounds you want, they will email you a link to open and then transfer the sounds from the link to the SD card from your Lucky Duck caller...re-install the SD card in the caller and sink the remote and caller up and you are done.

I bought a Foxpro Hellcat mostly because I didnt really want to spend $500 or more on a call and thought it would be fine for what I wanted to do with it. I had a problem uploading sounds to it so I called Foxpro and they sent me a brand new one and also a prepaid shipping label to send my old one back.

I sold it and got the Pro because I wanted the Tx1000 remote but I had a problem uploading sounds to it too. Apparently there's a problem with the Hellcat (that they might have fixed by now) but I called Foxpro again and they were very patient in walking me through a way to change the files on my computer then uploading them to my caller. Their customer service is outstanding imo.

I bought a Foxpro Hellcat mostly because I didnt really want to spend $500 or more on a call and thought it would be fine for what I wanted to do with it. I had a problem uploading sounds to it so I called Foxpro and they sent me a brand new one and also a prepaid shipping label to send my old one back.

I sold it and got the Pro because I wanted the Tx1000 remote but I had a problem uploading sounds to it too. Apparently there's a problem with the Hellcat (that they might have fixed by now) but I called Foxpro again and they were very patient in walking me through a way to change the files on my computer then uploading them to my caller. Their customer service is outstanding imo.
The hellcat pro is a great little caller. It is loud and crisp, and we tested the remote the other day and got well over 350 yards line of sight out of it. There is a youtube video called "adding sounds to the foxpro hellcat digital caller', for the money, that caller is a gem.

The hellcat pro is a great little caller. It is loud and crisp, and we tested the remote the other day and got well over 350 yards line of sight out of it. There is a youtube video called "adding sounds to the foxpro hellcat digital caller', for the money, that caller is a gem.
Yeah, Im very happy with the caller, the sound, etc. but the uploading is/was a problem. The sounds downloaded fine but when I uploaded them to the caller they ended up in all different categories. Racoon in bird distress, deer grunt in coyote, stuff like that. They said it was an issue with the Hellcat when I called them but we finally got it straightend out.

Yeah, Im very happy with the caller, the sound, etc. but the uploading is/was a problem. The sounds downloaded fine but when I uploaded them to the caller they ended up in all different categories. Racoon in bird distress, deer grunt in coyote, stuff like that. They said it was an issue with the Hellcat when I called them but we finally got it straightend out.
Did they say anything aboiut a patch for it or what was the solution to fix it.

No, he just said they were aware of it but thats been about a month ago. I need to call em back and see if theyve fixed it. Im not going to buy any more sounds or change any categories, etc. if they havent.

I called Foxpro today and talked to Tyler. He said there was no fix as of now. He also said he was sure there would be one but that he couldn't give me any kind of time table as to when. :(

I like the caller but if I had known about this problem I wouldn't have bought it. And I'm not going to buy any more sounds or recommend it to anyone else or at least not till that problem is fixed.

I'm pretty disappointed in Foxpro right now. (n)

Last edited:
I called Foxpro today and talked to Tyler. He said there was no fix as of now. He also said he was sure there would be one but that he couldn't give me any kind of time table as to when. :(

I like the caller but if I had known about this problem I wouldn't have bought it. And I'm not going to buy any more sounds or recommend it to anyone else or at least not till that problem is fixed.

I'm pretty disappointed in Foxpro right now. (n)
Last night took the hellcat pro out and I placed it on single play, not repeat and it repeated the sound. Not sure what the deal is with that. Let me know if yours does the single or repeat if would. This was on the locator sound i believe.

Back