Mike E. Miller knife.........

... of coarse my pics aren't as good as Vince's were! And I have no clue how to get his over to here. Sorry.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby... of coarse my pics aren't as good as Vince's were! And I have no clue how to get his over to here. Sorry.

lol.gif

Here you go. Very nice knife and sheath......

millergenthand.jpg

millergent2.jpg

millergentsheath.jpg

Originally Posted By: 2muchgun
First, I need to come up with the right wood, liner combo.
What wood (or horn?) would look good with orange liners/lanyard?

Ken, Some of the Mexican Cocobolo that I've got is a deep orange to red/purple. There is such a variety of colors that Cocobolo can come in, you could probably get a good compliment/contrast if you look in that direction.

On the other hand, if you're looking for the orange liners to "pop" something traditionally tannish-brown like Olivewood, Zebrawood or Bocote would accomplish it.

Here is a shot of a call out of the Mexi Cocobolo stock, it cuts/turns a light pecan color and darkens steadily to the orange/red that is shown.
IMG00812-20111208-1638.jpg

That is a dang fine looking call, Brian.

Tannish brown to make it pop is exactly what I was thinking. You hit this stuff with some Howards Feed and Wax, which is orangeish, and it really pops. Or lemon oil. Then throw a coat of paste wax over it and it's good to go.

E5E910EA-6EA1-42B2-9FE7-CF60250B830D-720-00000073C03153A8.jpg

Also thought of ebony with orange mosaic pins. Have some darker colored snakewood also......

fw707~

Do those knife lanyards require "said knife" to be present or can they be installed at any time after they're made? Really nice looking lanyards! Could use several in the bright orange.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI'm thinkin' once it's tied, it's tied.

Looks good Jeff. I'll be sending you something here snortly......

That would be really slick if they would be removable! Oh well.

Ricky, the ones in the picture have to be braided onto the handle. I can make
some that loop onto the handle, but they don't look nearly as good.

Originally Posted By: GCYou guys sticking those lanyards down into the blood and mire of game animals?

I was wondering the same. Exactly the reason I thought removable lanyards would be pretty slick!

That is why I always use rawhide on every knife I own. Cheap to replace and seems a lot cleaner. I've never bloodied up any paracord, but figured it was about time. Thinkin' it will stain and start stinkin'....

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThat is why I always use rawhide on every knife I own. Cheap to replace and seems a lot cleaner. I've never bloodied up any paracord, but figured it was about time. Thinkin' it will stain and start stinkin'....

You can always wash it out with soap and water in the sink when you clean up the knife.

I quit using folding knives for field dressing long ago cuz I hate cleaning the crud out of them afterwards. Takes me less time to field dress a critter than to clean out a folder.

I don't know, Jeff. Wouldn't blood stain paracord regardless? I mean could you get all the blood/guts out short of throwing it in a washing machine? Never tried.....

Back