Midway USA

Hahah I never delt with them at all yet. His commercials are kinda quirky but he has the right idea. Every time i see it i have to say hi im larry potterfield and thanks for the business..I only saw the new one once and forget it already. But No, no im not creeped out by his commercials.

Not sure what you are referring to, but I have had great experience with Midway over the last 20 years. In regards to sending you their yearly catalog with a small order; seems a bit out of line, but I think you should have called customer service before you aired your disapproval. Not sure about anybody else but I usually give people a chance to remedy the situation before trashing them. Regarding return items, I've never been charged a restocking fee even when I have sent items back from different orders 60 days after receiving them. I do agree that their prices have crept up a bit but they are still competitive. LOL

Larry Potterfield`s response to me on this post 03/08/08, so gentlemen you could say this is "right from the horses mouth" ,& no punches pulled. We all can`t have our own way, & we don`t know everybodies situations, & we all have to feed our families, I believe that "The Man" is trying to do his best or he wouldn`t have Emailed me an answer.

Wiskers

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line and send me this link. No, MidwayUSA is not going out of business. As one of the posters that lives around here mentioned, we are actually adding on to our warehouse to hold more inventory. And while we do drop ship powder since we are too close to the interstate to keep it here, we have millions of dollars in inventory as I type this. So the guys speculating on us following the lead of so many companies and drop shipping the bulk of their product offerings is just that: speculation. We built our reputation on fast shipping, and drop shipping a lot of items would destroy that reputation in my opinion. That’s one of the best parts about owning a company…it’s my opinion that matters, so while I have number crunchers that work for me that tell me how much money I could save by doing business this way, you will never see MidwayUSA go down this path. As for the out of stock items, yes, far more is out of stock than I would like to see. A lot of that ties back to the fact that there are a lot of ammunition/component shortages right now. I personally believe this is due to wartime demands, an influx in new reloaders, an uncertain political climate and a meteoric rise in raw material costs over the last year, driving prices crazy. I am trying to resolve these issues and stop disappointing customers. As I type this, it’s about five till nine on Friday night. My wife is about to make me stop for the night. I will be back in tomorrow morning. I believe a lot of guys out there think I just sit in a swimming pool filled with money, planning my next hunt. I should post my wife Brenda’s email so she could talk to those fellas about all she has to put up with! I spend a lot of time planning the next direction we will take, what new products we can offer, and how I can use technology to make the organization better. That’s who I am, and why MidwayUSA works the way it does. One more thing-yes, I did create the NRA Round Up and thanks to my great customers, we will top four million dollars in total donations this year. I am both very proud of this, and very grateful to my customers.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield

President/CEO

MidwayUSA

NRA Benefactor Member

Well, one thing about it...Larry Potterfield emphasizes customer service with this post. Now if he can do something about reasonable shipping, he'd have even more customers.

I agree with the need to improve shipping. Ordering bullets for my 45-70 200 at a time (minimum) is the only way I can reasonably do it. Some of you might do that in a heartbeat but for me sometimes I have to wait a month or so to make the move.

I am generally happy with midway, they did get pretty cross with me once. I have a C&R ffl which gives me a dealer discount there, which usually means midway always will have the best price for me, I wanted to buy a AR-15 lower and have it shipped to my gun club who has a regular FFL and lets its members order what ever they want from gun wholesalers. They flat out would not sell it to me. even though the web site offered it for sale at my discounted price and I had a regular FFL to ship it to. I was even willing to have the gunclub itself place the order with their account however the credit card had to even be in the FFL's name, I have ordered from jerry's, zanders, and other gun wholesalers and never once had a problem like this

I've always had great service from Midway.
Seems like L.P. has gone above and beyond to help the shooting sports family.

Nonya, are you just bored or what, WAAAA.

Seems like you can find something to whine about every day.

Clayman

Seems like you troll every day,just bored?I every right to post my thoughts here,at least Im not stalking members trying to start arguments like someone we know.
DisplayPic.jpg

Last edited:
Not a troll or stalker dude, just stating the facts as I see them.

You flatter yourself to think you are being stalked.

Just seems like you always try to find something negative to post about.

Clayman

Quote:
Boy..............

that one went straight over my head without even slowing down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Midway does a great job for me each and every time I order from them. Their "wish list" is invaluable, and the notification of when an item comes back in stock is priceless.

Whatever else you're referring to.........I'm just lost I guess. Maybe I need to get out more? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ditto. I have never had a bad experience with Midway. They are my #1 supplier.

I need to get out more too I guess. lol! As long as they have what I want and get it here quick I'm happy.

Dang Nonya, first Nosler is giving you all their bad bullets, wolf invasions and now this. You can't get a break dude. lol! (Just funning with ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Hey NONYA: Don't know anything about Larry Potterfield, but MidwayUSA has been serving me many years now, and all I can say is his busines has been reliable with excellent delivery. I also get the catalog at no extra cost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know how you feel though when things go wrong with products or services that are usually dependable and highly rated. Sounds like you've been getting more than your share. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Hope things'll soon start looking up for ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sagetown

Just saw a Midway gunsmithing tip on The Outdoor Channel as I am reading this and got to thinking, I don't see anyone else offeing free gusmithing tips as much L.P. does. Customer servce problems, and ordering are one thing to complain about (few and far between), but "That's the way is" sounds like a no BS way to put it. His little tips have helped inform me how to use several products I thought I would have no use for, unless I want "purchase" gunsmiting videos. To me this is a great buisines and public service move. This man also helps out our hunting/gun owning community ALOT with his round up option. I am amazed at how everybody else's and my own $0.70 per order goes to help the NRA. This year the good lord knows how they need our help. Just my honest opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This last fall I was having trouble with Burris customer service over a scope return. After a fight with with them on the phone, I called midway, they looked up my order for that scope and told me if Burris didnt make it right, they would swap it out for me. (it took some talking, not as much as I thought) I had the scope well over 5 months at that time. I thought that was great! Burris after some whinning and crying did fix it after all.

I have bought quite a few things from Midway over the past few years. Overall, they do a good job and thier prices are competitive.

In the past two years I feel thier customer service isnt what it once was. Just within the past week I ordered a tan stock. After it arrived I thought crap, I ordered the wrong color it was green. Well it was a green stock ordered as tan.

I understand these things happen but they seemed to happen more often then they did before.

I could gripe about thier long.....long special order gunsmith stuff but hte truth is......

I respect Larry's support of our shooting sports. And while I feel thing have changed slightly for the worse, Midway is still a decent company to deal with

I'm right now in the middle of a AR15 project.Got all the parts from Midway but the striped lower.The complete upper I ordered is on backorder but that is not a problem to me.I myself like getting my stuff from Midway.If you order it on Monday you will have it for the weekend.

You guys need to know that good to excellent customer service is NOT free.

Those phone people need to be paid, and the people that take in your returns and restock them (at no charge) cost money... they need to be paid also.

You can't have it both ways - the lowest prices AND the best customer service just ain't happening at one dealer.

I have had problems with "the lowest price" dealers, and the guy on the other end of the phone was a $5 an hour idiot, who couldn't tie his shoes without his mommy's help.

Me - I'll pay a little more to know if I have a problem with an order... I have no problems.

I can't afford MY time to hassle over petty crap.

I can remember when Cabela's had Midway's customer service. Midway amazes me sometimes with their quick responses and get it done attitude. Cabela's used to be like that but not any more. Seems like when I order it takes three or four days to get a confirmation and another two to ship it. All's I can say to Midway is, " and thanks for the service"

This poster is too negative for me, looking for a fight, maybe if he doesn't get one he will chew on his self, and eliminate our problem with his demanded 1st amendment rights, which I respect. I have been doing business with Midway USA for many years, and I rate their C/S on a par with RCBS. I would put this person on the do not do business list, and yes I am in the retail business.
Jim

Back