Loudmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing different from this incident and the others I have refernced on many occasions involving customer service from Wayne. I don't believe I have ever said a bad word about the caller, but I have pointed out the pattern of excuses that have riddled this company from day one. I have been personally attacked by pointing out my observations and also noting that these types of complaints are non-existent with Foxpro.

Let me pause right here and say that I genuinely hope Wayne and his family are safe and healthy.

Best case scenario, these complaints (that have persisted since the inception of Loudmouth) are the result of a one man band not being able to keep up. Worst case, these are examples of a seat of the pants owner/company not having the desire or skill set to improve his process.

From one business man to another, I would recommend following the lead of Foxpro and hire a few employees who can run the business when life happens, or sell your company to another company with a more established infrastructure.

For those few remaining Loudmouth loyalists, fire away!

Blake

let's just say i'm looking into a foxpro. i've been in the same boat.i've gotten a bad rep trying to work it out.i wont say more. blake take care. Rick

I heard from Wayne last week. His Wife has had to return to the hospital, you married guys know what that can do to your head, home and heart. he has sold a different business and that will actually occur later this month. This will help with his time.
While I agree service could be better, I am holding the faith. I still like the Loudmouth caller and I am sure Wayne will stand behind it.
Carl

I got my caller from
Wayne, I broke it being stupid, I bent the contacts, Wayne replaced it free, I got the replacement yesterday. It is perfect. It took less than 3 weeks from breaking it to replacement.

After reading Blakes comments on other threads, I have no interest in his opinion.
this is my experience with Wayne, I think he is a great guy, that got overwhelmed. ever happen to you?
Carl

Bofire,

That's fine if you are not interested in my opinion, which happens to be factual observation. However, I will not let the facts get swept under the carpet. What about the author of this thread? What about the numerous others with similar experiences? What about the fact that these stories have been present from day one? My posts are based on FACTS. You are simply highlighting more deficiencies by pointing out that you received your unit back from repair in three weeks...what about the author? Let me know when you want to hear some more FACTS.

Blake

I talked to Wayne a couple times and finally got my remote April 12. Looks good, works good, now I'm ready for action next fall. I hope Wayne sticks in there, he has a good product, just a hard time managing things.

Coycaller,

I'm glad to hear you got your remote and everything is working now. I am disappointed that it took ten and a half weeks to get the service work done on a purchased product, not to mention the fact that you were without your caller through most of the prime hunting season. Hopefully everything will still be in working order next season. I'd like Bofire or Wayne to explain how it only took a three week turn around (which is still a bit long) on his order, yet it took over two months for you to receive something that you were told was already shipped. ...and around we go.

Blake

Blake, I think your point has been made. Unless you have a personal bone to pick (In which case, a phone call or e-mail is a better place to take care of these matters) I think it's time to move on.

bearmanric,

I've made it clear on many occasions I use Foxpro.

Crapshoot,

I agree, time to move on. I simply chose to educate Bofire when he decided that he couldn't let a sleeping dog lie. I have simply pointed out facts and asked for explanations where details have been glossed over. Somehow Bofire confused my factual observations as my opinion. I have not attacked Wayne, nor his caller (of which I have stated I believe is a fine product on many occasions). Once again, for the record, I have nothing against Wayne or his caller. In fact, I have spoken with him once, and sent e-mail messages on a couple of occasions and my personal experience is that he is a fine individual. I just haven't seen that consistency with the issues I have described.

Blake

There are always benefits and risks involved with buying a new product from a startup company. Especially a one man band that is operating on a shoestring budget.

On the one hand you get an innovative product that flat out works great. You get personal access to the owner/designer when you have questions or problems. You also get perks like free upgrades and repairs when things go wrong (like they often do with first run products). When things are going good, it's a beautiful thing.

On the other hand, just like in your own life, s#!t happens. And when it does, whether it's health, money, divorce, or whatever, you're one man band starts missing gigs or playing a little off key.

Two guys with an idea and a garage built a computer software empire on a dream and a few hundred bucks. And for every one of the successes, about a thousand others fall flat on their faces and lose everthing.

Personally, I don't know which category Wayne will be in, but I knew going in that it was a risk buying the Loudmouth and everyone else should have too.

I've never heard anyone claim to be "ripped off" by Wayne and I don't suspect that I ever will. It may take a little while, but he always makes things more than right.

I look at it this way. If I make a purchase to invest into my future, sport or hobby, it's just that... an investment. I have never seen any guarentee in any investment. If I can't afford to make an investment and lose, then I can't afford the investment period. I have lost 10's of thousands of dollars in investments and I'm still here. I really doubt that a $400 e-caller will put me down if it breaks.

Running a small business is a tough job, many families are destroyed by complicating problems that they can't solve or shake. Too many unknowns that take a toll on good people and we don't need to bust Waynes chops for what he is trying to do for us.

I hope Wayne and his family are doing well and wish them the best of luck in the future.

Quote:
I look at it this way. If I make a purchase to invest into my future, sport or hobby, it's just that... an investment. I have never seen any guarentee in any investment. If I can't afford to make an investment and lose, then I can't afford the investment period. I have lost 10's of thousands of dollars in investments and I'm still here. I really doubt that a $400 e-caller will put me down if it breaks.

I look at it this way, why chance it when there's another caller on the market that is pretty much the same price, works great, and the owners have already proven that customer service is their number one priority? Maybe you can afford to flush $400.00 down the drain, but I know I can't, and I'll bet plenty of other guys here work hard for their money. Like most people, I've made some poor purchases in the past, but I don't see any reason to do it on purpose when I have a choice in the matter.

I too wish Wayne and his family the best, but I think it's come to a point where he either needs to hire some help, sell his business, or give it up all together. If this were the first time someone had been given the runaround I may have a different opinion, but it's not, so I don't!

This is getting very old. We know that Fox pro has good customer service. If any one said that they didn't, well they would be nuts. They have also been around allot longer. I wish them the best, and that there business keeps growing at the pace that it has been.

Some times it takes a while for a company to get large enough for it to keep people employed through out the year and not just seasonally. I seem to remember a couple of years ago there was a company that was a little hard to get a hold of. But when you did they took care of you. Today that company has even better customer service and have grown to the point that they have a lot of employees. I tip my hat to them. Took allot of hard work and product development to get to that point. They are here to stay. And glad to see it.

But unless you own a loudmouth Stay the hell out of it.

I don't see what goes on with Wayne every day. I talk to him a few times a month. He is a great guy and is true to his word. He is running a couple of different business to boot. Spread pretty thin. IF he says that he is going to do some thing he does. Some times it takes longer than we would like. Some times it is his fault and other times it's not. Every call maker out there has company's that prove cretin components for there caller. And at times they are at the mercy of some of the companies for getting there components to them on a timely manner.

The Loudmouth is a great caller! I never go hunting with out it. I may not use it every time for the simple fact I still like using hand calls. I get a bigger thrill calling in an animal hand call than I do with the electronics.

I will get off of the soap box now.

Didn't mean to offend you there Buster, or anyone else for that matter. You are correct, you do have a choice, that's what so great about competitive business. The choices are many, we all make bad decisions once in a while. We all learn to deal with our choices both good and bad, in a variety of ways. I just don't see the need to continue to rag on someone once the point has been made. One can only beat a dead horse for so long. Maybe Wayne should sell out or hire the needed help, would that alone change anyones confidence in the product? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Good luck with your FoxPro, it's a great caller. I too will have one some day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I was in hope this would just fade away. Guess thats not going to happen with out a little help. I am officially putting a 55 gr v-max between the eyes of this dead horse and putting it to rest.
I hope those who are having issues with their caller get them taken care of. I also hope all is well with Wayne and his family, and he can take care of his business.
Thank you and good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back