Long-Range Bench & Prairie Dog Specialty Handgun

xphunter

Eric Wallace did all of the work on this baby.
Made the stock and the rails himself
Here is some sneak peek pics of my LR bench/pd specialty handgun.
It should track like a dream :happy:
7WSM.jpg

7WSM2.jpg

7WSM3.jpg

Nice looking toy these bolt pistol have always had a place in my heart I guess i a mocho thing??? Vey nice looking looking forward to hearing range reports. What caliber? I remember talking to Eric about a year ago about a 20 br then my smith told me i wouldnt be happy with the bullets that were made for the 20's .

Last edited:
Bartlein barrel 1-9 twist, Brake, stock, rails, and chambering by Eric Wallace.
Currently shooting 180 grain JLK's

Originally Posted By: skb2706Need details .............

Sweet setup Ernie but you're goin to have to let us know how she shoots. Its not enough just to look good ........:)

Tell us about the gun rest. Obviously it was built with that gun in mind.

That is Eric's rest.
I have a couple of pretty cool ones myself
thumbup.gif
, but he still has the gun and is doing load development.
Eric shot a couple of three shot groups in some pretty strong wind @ 100 yards (still breaking in the barrel). He said all 3-shot groups were touching.

I will bring the 408 Chey-Tac/375 Snipe-Tac switch barrel handgun, but won't be using it for the comp.

The 7WSM bench rig will be used for the HG class at MOA's match.

I will use a yet to be revealed work of art by Mac's Gunworks: A center-grip XP-100 for the roving field course (steel targets at distances from 300-800 yards).

I will use one or two of my MOA Maximum's for the LG Class.

sweet guns
always wanted one of those
i went the cheap route and have a TC encore pistol instead
currently with the 223 bbl but have a 460 SW bbl on the way
and I wanna get a long range bbl for it yet but not sure what to get?the gunshop have a 7mm08 in stock is this a decent longranger?

Some factory TC barrels will have the accuracy for small targets at 500 yards, but I wouldn't gamble personally.
I would contact MGM and have them build you a 15"-16" Encore barrel in either 243 Win, 6.5x47 Lapua, or 260 Rem.
If you want more of a laser then the 6-284 or the 6.5-284.
I would go with a 1-8 twist for all of these barrels.
For Yotes I would look at the 105 A-Max or the 95 grain Berger hunting (not match) VLD in 6mm.
In the 6.5x47 Lapua, 260 Rem, or 6.5-284 I would use the 123 A-Max for yotes and the 140 A-Max for deer. I have just never used the 123 A-Max on deer or antelope so I can't recommend it.
The 130 grain Berger in 6.5 is awesome on game.
Some of the set-ups I mentioned will take you well beyond the distances you are desiring and will shoot flat and do well in the wind.
Get a forend that has the hangar bar system in it.
E

Originally Posted By: crowpopperwell the places i coyote hunt i can get up to around 500 yards distance with 90% under 300

as for deer basically under 275

Eric did some more shooting yesterday @ 300 yards and this is a 3-shot group with 168 JLK's.
Measured .512 center to center.
7mm-WSM.jpg

Bullberry barrel works also makes some nice barrels for the Encore also. Longrange shootig with a specialty handgun is a blast. I would love to come out there and try that.

xphunter- Nice rest ! I would have to do some testing and get some sight settings for my XP to shoot that far. Got one in 6.5 BR. Not sure how it would stack up against the others...Rich makes some nice guns. I went and visted him when he use to live here in Ohio. Had one of his MOAs in 7BR.

Thanks!
It has a 6" top and 6" front bag on it now. In the pic it is a 3" top and bag.
I will use it with this rig until the MAX comes in.
We had a guy shooting a 6.5 BR and he did real well last year.
I think he finished somewhere in the top three places at a couple of distances.

Back