Long Distance Pair

DoubleUp

I called in this pair last night and saw them coming from over 1,400 yds. away. I made a DRT shot on the female at 162 yds., but the male ran farther than I expected before stopping. I tried to coax him back and he might have come if I had been more patient. Instead I took a shaky 350 yd. shot and missed so I didn't get the double, but it was still good to see them respond from that far away. Sorry for the squealing sound in the background. I have no idea why that sound came in on the video, black helicopters and little green men in tinfoil hats I guess. :unsure:

I got a few comments Owen. 1.) thanks for the vid and nice shot 2.) they were in a hurry, looks more like fast forward-tehee 3.) you got any deer there? 4.) that last shot looked like MOST of mine the last few weeks at half the distance--uncharacteristic for you

Thanks guys, and it wasn't a very good shot selection on my part for that second one. I have to be really steady to make that shot at that range off a tripod. I probably could have called him back and even if I hadn't the result would have been the same.

Mike, you mentioned did we have any deer here. Thought you might enjoy this short video from about 2 weeks after our deer season ended in Jan.1. This shows half the field. I stopped filming at my shop, but there was about an equal number in the other half of the field.

Thanks guys, and it wasn't a very good shot selection on my part for that second one. I have to be really steady to make that shot at that range off a tripod. I probably could have called him back and even if I hadn't the result would have been the same.
Nice shot on the first one Double Up ! I probably would have done the same as you on the second one and then thought the same thing about what I should have done.

You know what they say about hindsight being 20/20.

Betcha his ears are still ringing, though. :ROFLMAO: Thanks for sharing the video, Owen.
If his windage was on, I bet his ears would not have been the only thing ringing at that distance. I have called the males back in a couple days later a few times after shooting the female. Nice though.

Back