LED Hunting Lights

Originally Posted By: COYKILLAs SmilinIB stated he uses a clear scope cover and a red sharpie to color it and that is what I did. One thing I don't like is that the scope cover cuts down on the diameter of the beam because the clear lens part of the scope cover is only about 1/2" because this light is so small.

Don't worry about the scope cover restricting the beam, You'll never need it that opened up to scan, you also won't need a halo shield. The only time I really open the beam that far is when I have the scope cover open and I'm using the white light to walk out.

Ordered mine on the 23rd and got it yesterday. I put in a red and then a green gel and settled on the green. The red cut it down a bit much. I don't know if the green will spook them or not though.

I took a sharpie and colored one side of a clear scope cover and it seemed like to much white light coming through so I colored the other side with the sharpie also and now it should be good to go. I like the idea of being able to flip the cover up and having a nice white light also. I do have gel paper but going to try this first. March 1st bobcat and fox season ends here so I am going out sat. night to try for a bobcat.

Got my today and love it I have been shopping around on my own and waisted a lot of money trying to find this light.
It is wonderful. I can beleive how small it is.I spotted a deer out back at 300 yard no problem. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANKS!!

I have some of this stuff for sale. I ordered a bunch from deal Extreme to try out and I have some extra if anyone is interested:

Butler Creek Blizzard #1 Scope Cover with Red Gel paper installed (will fit the Cree Headlamp) $12.00 shipped

Ultrafrire WF-501B Phillips Luxeon K2 Red LED Flashlight
$12.00 shipped

Ultrafire WF-501B 800 Lumen LED Flashlight $20.00 shipped

All this stuff is new from Deal Extreme - get it in a couple days instead of a couple months!

contact kline4303@hotmail.com

Well had to give into the pressure and just ordered mine. I hope it's as good as you guys say it is. I guess if its not I have wasted more money on dumber things.

Originally Posted By: kennedy3627Thanks pacecar I had looked at them before, and that is what I assumed. U know what they say about assuming thing though.

depends on which 501b there both 501bs

12 dollars for a shotgun lights not bad...i put a 4 inch tight halo on mine and get 100 yards or better through a scope...

Back