Go Home Pheasant Hunters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Let it die fellas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Ok you have the chorus lets here some lyrics!...
Orkan hates dem pheasant hunters,he dont know what ta dooooo...He slaps a sign on every post,adds extra wire toooo....Still they come and kill his bi--rds....them crazy people from far of lands.One of these days hes gonna snap and put some in the ground...put em deep down in his dirt where they will never be found...Wave after wave of pheasent hunters comin every year,all them pheasant hunters have one SouthDakotan to fear....They dont do a [beeep] thing for the people or land,they rape and pilage and take dem birds back to their far off lands.Or-kan cant kill em all but hes got a brand new plannnn....Orkans gonna find a way to keep em off his la-nnnnddddd.....

Quote:
Yep,cant argue the FACTS.Your buisness must be selling dirt to the chinese otherwise you would benefit from the $ those hunters dump into your community,you have pretty much proven all your statements false with further lies,better stop while you are behind.

I actually believe it to be some sort of computer business or something??

So I don't see him benefiting greatly from the influx of hunters...

You guys jump on me and insult me a bit for taking orkans side..thats ok maybe i deserve it. I actually wasn't trying to pick fights.
All I was ever saying is that you guys honestly don't have any idea what we see. You really don't. We get so many nrs that come here for 3 or 10 days... then- they think their experts on our state. Heck, on Tony Dean (local outdoor show/writer) has posts on his site from out of staters saying they are apalled at the nr pressure in the state. Check it for yourselves.
And yes we do get revenue from the money but what does it go to..us?? No! You guys say roads..have you been to south dakota..how many paved roads do we have? You know for a fact the gov. doesn't do with money what they are supposed to do. As I mentioned, I'm a teacher. We have video lottery in this state. 60% of that money is suppose to go to schools. They found in a recent study that 3% actually goes to schools. That is my point about the money coming in from nrs. Resturants, gas stations and hotels are about the only ones who really benefits first hand.
And by the way, talking to my game warden neighbor last night he said by far the majority of infractions in this county are from nrs.
Just scouting for geese last night, i could hardly drive down a gravel road constantly going around vehicles road hunting or waiting in line for a walk in. All non res plates. It's nuts
You can insult me all you want, i don't care. But stop saying you know what its like-you don't. I don't hate nrs. I have given many good fishing spots out or good walk in areas to guys and have even recieved cards of thanks in them mail-which i thought was cool. We all just reach a frustration level at certain times of the year. You all just need to come see it for yourselves i guess.

PS to TA17rem..Yes we did open a resident pheasant opener a week early so the locals have a shot of hunting the birds before the land gets drilled. And guess what..the state got sued from two different groups of nrs. 3 years ago a man from Ohio didn't get drawn in our waterfowl non res lottery system. He sued the state. How can these things not leave a bad taste? Like i said before 110k nr pheasants, 100k fisherman and 10k waterfowlers. So lets say 200k nrs come right to your area to hunt/fish. It would bother you too.
ok insult away.

Well, my plan was to only read but something has to be said here......NONYA, don't give up your day job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
NONYA, don't give up your day job

I actually thought it was pretty good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:

Really.

So you mean that the motel who survives because of the Non Resident dollar doesn't hire him to work on their computers when it had problems? How about those farmers who make $2,000 per gun. Don't they have computers to work on? Gas stations? Cafes? Guides?

Seems all those folks who benefit directly from those non resident dollars would have more money to have the compter guy work on their machines.

People don't seem to realize that the money tourists/hunters/fishermen bring to communities trickle all through the community.

I live in an area where tourist and seasonal dollars fuel the economy. We ALL benefit from it.

I posted this but it didn't show up so i'll try again.

Farmers are taking out CRP like crazy and the prediction by the so-called experts are that the pheasant population will drop dramatically. Just like what happened to Iowa.
Less pheasants=less pressure/traffic.

I guess we'll all lose then.

Quote:
I have been avoiding this thread but I just couldn't resist any longer. I just went through all nine pages from beginning to end, and I can honestly say I have wasted the last 30 minutes of my life and I am now less intelligent for having read it.

Yeah, now it's ten pages and working on eleven. I'd rather get a root canal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

You overheard a bunch of non-residents in a sports bar talking about other non-residents? Something tells me that sports bar wouldn't be open, or at least wouldn't employ as many people, if not for the non-residents. All businesses in a community of that size benefit when non-residents come to spend money.

Quote:
Quote:

Really.

So you mean that the motel who survives because of the Non Resident dollar doesn't hire him to work on their computers when it had problems? How about those farmers who make $2,000 per gun. Don't they have computers to work on? Gas stations? Cafes? Guides?

Seems all those folks who benefit directly from those non resident dollars would have more money to have the compter guy work on their machines.

People don't seem to realize that the money tourists/hunters/fishermen bring to communities trickle all through the community.

I live in an area where tourist and seasonal dollars fuel the economy. We ALL benefit from it.

... you don't seem to realize that you don't have a CLUE what you are talking about.

Even motels in SD use a canned hardware/software check in system provided from their national headquarters. NO COMPUTER WORK from motels... ever.

Same goes for gas stations.

Cafe's around here DONT HAVE COMPUTERS. They use these things called CASH REGISTERS.

Guides?
Not ONE guide service I know of has a computer. (and I know of about 40) They dont even have a website most of the time. Don't need to with these kinds of numbers of birds.

You are dead wrong about this money that you say "trickles" around the community. A few select business' benefit, and the OWNERS of that business are the only ones that see profit. You have absolutely NO CLUE about how small town south dakota works. Hell... most people that live here don't even SHOP HERE. So even IF those store owners gave their employees raises, and everybody had a bunch more money... they go to bigger towns to spend it! Mitchell, Watertown, Sioux Falls are the number one shopping locations for huron and its surrounding communities.

NOBODY GETS A RAISE DURING PHEASANT SEASON. The owners of hotels, gas stations, and resturaunts, and the STATE get the money. That accounts for almost NOBODY. Our little communities don't see SQUAT. Contrary to what you THINK you know... local business' do NOT rely on pheasant season to survive. That holds true for EVERY SINGLE business in huron. There are TWO business' that this does NOT hold true for. Don Juan's in Cavour. (he has strippers every year for pheasant season) And the bar in yale.

Don't be so naive.

Keep on talking pal. Your ASSUMPTIONS of what you know, don't count for actual experience now do they?

I live in northern iowa, and have some of the best pheasant hunting ground around. we have so many federal programs going on with CRP to wetland projects, that there is plentiful ground to hunt. we to have a ton of out-of-staters that travel to my area to hunt, and yes there is allot of them, but i still manage to stay out of the way and find ground to hunt, quit ur b*******, its getting real old

I know what I'd do, start me a sporting goods store and make some big $'s. Get in good with the guides, send the clients to my store and BUY from me.
Hmmm, might have to move to SD and start my buisness !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
I know what I'd do, start me a sporting goods store and make some big $'s. Get in good with the guides, send the clients to my store and BUY from me.
Hmmm, might have to move to SD and start my buisness !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Huron needs a good sporting goods store!

Don't kid yourself... its the locals that will keep you in business... not the NR's.

That Orkan character is kinda cute. Ignorant of the way things work but I don't think I've been this entertained in a long time!

Don't flatter yourself baldy... there are just as many people laughing at you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm impressed with myself in the fact I started a thread that went 10 pages. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back