Glock 27

William Suter

Another little jewel I traded for this week-end. I had a black powder rifle that a guy really wanted but no cash to buy it outright. I had no use for it as I have my Omega that I hunt with. He had several pistols on his table but the only one that interested me at all was this Glock 27. I was hoping for a 9mm and this is 40 cal and I'm not sure if I want to keep it as I'm not really a fan of Glock pistols. Now I'm not sure what to do with it.

Its small and doesn't fit my hand. As for 40 cal, I can take or leave it but I have no ammo, but its available. I just hate to buy a box of ammo for something I'm not sure about keeping. The main reason I traded for it is its a lot easier to sell a pistol than a muzzle loader with summer coming and fall a long ways away. Guess I need to do some more thinking on this one.

I have a Springfield RO in 45ACP that I really like and shoot it fair. (Well maybe just OK for me.) I like the Glocks but I really struggle shooting them accurately for some reason. And, I know its me and not the pistols. The little 27 would make a great pistol to stash in the truck or under the coffee table for "just in case" situations. I have a feeling the small grip will make the 40 pretty snappy and mag extensions may be required to help hang on to it.

The Glock 23 compact size mags will offer a little more to hang onto since they'll stick out of the magwell of the sub-compact G27 frame, plus you'll have 3 or 4 more rounds with the G23 mags.

Last edited:
If the grip is too short, compact and sub-compact Glocks will accept magazines meant for their bigger brothers. Of course, the magazine will extend past the end of the well, but magazine sleeves are also available. Try that and you've got a longer grip. I had a Glock 29 sub-compacct 10mm. The grip was so short that it was difficult to control when shooting full power ammo. I got some Glock 20 mags and a magazine sleeve. Problem solved!

Well, its gone now. Just couldn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about it. I've had several Glocks in different models and never really been able to shoot them accurately. My Springfield 1911 is different and although I'm not a very good shot, it goes where I'm aiming....sorta. ANd my Springfield is a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

Well, its gone now. Just couldn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about it. I've had several Glocks in different models and never really been able to shoot them accurately. My Springfield 1911 is different and although I'm not a very good shot, it goes where I'm aiming....sorta. ANd my Springfield is a lot more pleasing to the eyes.
Glocks may not be works of art. They may look cheaply made, but they're some of the ruggedest handguns out there. There's a reason why the U.S. Navy seals replaced the SIG P226 with the Glock 19 as their official sidearm. As far as accuracy goes, some Glocks I don't shoot well at all (even though others insist they're accurate), but my 100% stock Glock 23 is one of the most accurate guns in my collection.

I don't blame you. Years ago I owned two Glock .40s. I had a 23 and a 22. They both shot good and I like Glock pistols, but I did't care for the .40 S&W round in either the full size or the compact.

However, I always liked the feature that you could convert the .40 Glocks by simply swaping out the barrel to .357 Sig or to 9X19 with a 9mm conversion kit.

Last edited:
Good move getting rid of it. The .40 was introduced but not really needed. If a 9mm isn't enough then step to a 45. Far too many "in between" cartridges out there nowadays.

My last Glock, not counting this one, shot low and left at least for me. I watch countless hours on how to shoot a Glock. Practiced at home dry firing and made sure my grip was correct then headed to the range. Three or four mags later......still shooting low and left. I let a young LEO shoot it and it was dead nuts for him. Go figure!! I learned that day that me and Glocks are not compatible. Nothing against them...we just don't get along.
I've owned a bunch of Glocks and IIRC they all shot low and left for me.

I hate their triggers. I can't squeeze them but end up jerking them for some reason. I guess I've just shot the 1911s for so long nothing else feels right. But after saying that, I do have a G19 that I carry from time to time just because it is more easily concealed. But if I have on a vest or jacket the Colt 1911 38 Super is on my hip.

My last Glock, not counting this one, shot low and left at least for me. I watch countless hours on how to shoot a Glock. Practiced at home dry firing and made sure my grip was correct then headed to the range. Three or four mags later......still shooting low and left. I let a young LEO shoot it and it was dead nuts for him. Go figure!! I learned that day that me and Glocks are not compatible. Nothing against them...we just don't get along.
I've owned a bunch of Glocks and IIRC they all shot low and left for me.

A lot of people have the low/left issue with striker-fired pistols. It is a shooter issue, not a gun problem. The G27 is one of my least favorite Glock pistols.

Life is too short to have guns you don't like. G19 9mm ten shots @ 25 yards.
20211118_214044.jpg

Back