Ga yote

Keith Karr

Almost got a double but the other one ran off before my partner Ken could get on it.

We heard several pairs last night but only two committed to coming in.
IMG_0862.jpeg

Nice! Hoping to go out this evening if the winds are right.
What sounds? Don’t have to be specific, seems some don’t like to give actual sounds. Vocals or prey?

Nice! Hoping to go out this evening if the winds are right.
What sounds? Don’t have to be specific, seems some don’t like to give actual sounds. Vocals or prey?
We hunted 5 stands last night with the first two being fresh cut hayfields. No luck on either but did have some answer way off on the second field to some howls.

On the 4th stand we were hunting a large pasture that has produced for me several times. We set up in the shadows behind the barn and when I walked out to place the call two different pairs started yipping at each other. They were probably only 500-600 yards apart and one pair was just out of our sight behind a rise in the field.

I played MFK submissive beggar and the closer ones came in on a string.

We had some more respond on the 5th stand to some fight sounds and pup distress but they never came out of the timber.

Thanks for the reply. Went last night and heard 3 different pairs or groups.
Unfortunately I wasn’t anywhere close to any of them.
It seems unless I’m in their wheelhouse they don’t seem interested. By wheelhouse I’m meaning within a couple hundred yards.

Back