Furtaker Vest

Originally Posted By: BPSFor $100 I was expecting something more along the lines of a Tactical vest with pouches & pocketts on the chest.

Why were you expecting something like that? I dont recall it ever being described as being like that or having them features.

What I meant to say was, for $100 I would expect it to be more along the lines of a Tactical vest. Atleast the quality of it.

I bought it, now I'll make the best of it.

Lee

Fox pro put their name on it because it was made in china for ten and resold for a hundred. I think people forgett that Company's are in the business of making money. With that said if fox pro takes all the complaints/suggestions they can again redesign the vest and make some changes and I'm sure once again people will be lining up to buy the fox pro name. Everyone forgets that the first generation of every product weather it be a hunting vest or a car/truck WILL HAVE bugs defects and downfalls.

Well, I've had mine out on a few hunts now, I like it, it holds pretty much all my gear.

Today the right front pockett pulled loose from the seam where the waist buckle is sewn to the edge of it.

Now I gotta call A P Calls tomorrow & send it back for a replacement.

Lee

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Jared at Fox Pro & they will take care of it completely.

They will send me a "New" vest, along with a return label, for me to send my old vest back to them.

Big thumbs up to Fox Pro for their customer service

I'll post up in a few weeks when the "New" vest arrives & let you guys know about it.

Lee

Just FYI I am looking at buying a Foxpro E-Call and the # 1 reason is Made in USA if the Vest is from China that SUCKS I will not be buying one. I have been trying to buy more Made in USA lately. Thats just Me.

From what I was told, Fox Pro stopped production on the vest's due to the poor quality of the finished product, basically they had a bad batch come from the factory.

Again, what I was told was, they've made alot of changes & upped the quality of the vest.

The new vest's will be delivered in a few weeks, wether they are still made over sea's or not I don't know, I've heard both stories.

I'll let you guy's know more as soon as my new vest gets here.

Lee

The quality/utility of the "Furtaker" vest is pretty much irrelevant to me. It's simply too D@mn expensive.
I'm not gonna/can't spend $100 on a hunting vest.
And it's not "Made in America"
'nuff said.

Any word about when the vests will be available and has the quality issues been taken care of?, would sure like to order one.

Last edited:
Just got a UPS notification, It looks like my new vest will be here on the 11th.

I'll post up my findings.

Lee

My replacement vest showed up a while back, it was not a "new" vest but an old style vest that had been double stitched to reinforce it.

Alot of the same problems were still there. I thought to myself, this is the same exact vest I already have.

I called & spoke with Mike, from Fox Pro & it turns out I got one of the First repair jobs, Fox Pro is sending me a replacement as soon as they come in.

Pretty much all of this falls on the over seas manufacturer & their lack of quality control. Whether FP continues to use the same manufacturer or not remains to be seen.

Fox Pro is going to redesign the entire vest, but first they need to repair/replace all of the current vest's.

When that comes out, hopefully everything will be corrected.

As long as there are guy's like Mike Dillon at Fox Pro, who will take more than a few minutes to speak with me & work with me on issues, I have with their products, I'll keep buying their calls & other products.

I took a little bit of my time & took pictures of both my old vest, my current replacement vest & I typed up a lengthy email with all of the pictures in it, showing my issues, the weak points, the strong points & a couple of my additions I've made to the vest to suite my hunting style & sent that to Mike.

10 minutes later I got an email from Mike thanking me for taking the time to put all of that together, he told me he was going to forward all of it, to the manufacturer to make the necessary changes to improve the vest.

So in closing, I would say hang in there & wait for the New Vest's to be released.

If you have a current Fur Taker Vest & it has failed then get in touch with Fox Pro & they will take care of you.

Lee

As far as I know, they arent going to replace your vest unless it has ripped, broken or otherwise failed.

If your vest has failed, then give them a call or email them & they will take care of it.

Best of luck, Lee

I got one of the new ones. It came from Fox Pro as a replacement for one of the cheaply made ones I originally bought that fell apart. I've had mine for about 2 weeks. Jared was really great in making sure everything was right. I am pretty sure I some at Sportsman's Warehouse.

First time on the forum! Glad to be a part of PM. I received my Furtaker Vest last January, wore it out half dozen times, and like many others, the seams started to pull away.
I contacted Foxpro and even though it was not purchased through them, they put me on a list so that when they receive shipment of the new ones made in the "USA" they will ship me out one with a return label for the one made in "CHINA". All in all, its not going to cost me anything in shipping and handling and i am hoping for a better product in return. Way to go FOXPRO!
thumbup.gif
Great customer service and kudos for acknowledging the fact that a sub-par product made it to retail. Foxpro said keep wearing the old one for now and i should have my new one in a month or so. I will let you guys know how it turns out!

Last edited:
Back