FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

I listened to the war of the worlds today; interesting and I`ll have to listen again for the entire story when I`m not preoccupied (remounted scope on that marlin 30-30 this eve).
Keeping w/water theme GC

Yeah, Charlie has had a lot of great music through the years. And he's a good old fashioned patriot, too. If he ever made a trip out my way I would have to find a way to make it to his concert. There's probably not much in New York State to coax him here, though.

Today's picks from me are a tribute to the fact that the 34th Annual KKOA Lead Sled Spectacular is in town, today thru Sunday.
It rained last night, but hopefully the rain will stay away for the rest of the weekend for the folks @ the show!!
Man, I love hot rods!!!!!!!!

When I was a kid, my dad used to "sing" the following song, whenever he & I were traveling down the road.
I later found out that this song was the inspiration for the song "Hot Rod Lincoln".

Just browsing some of my older cassetts (yup I still listen to some cassetts) Posted this song on facebook and had a few "gangster beat" loving city kids inform me that the world doesnt need any more hicks. But hey I think the song speaks some good truths.
tongue_smilie.gif

My oldest son, (not the son who beat me up)
wink.gif
...called me earlier today.
Seems he & his girlfriend are once again on the "outs", & as a true last resort, he asked if he could crash with me for a while.
So, I thought appropriate to post the following songs for today's music picks.

Last edited:
Back